Reducing our footprint
We only get one world.
So we’re committed to monitoring and reducing our impact on the environment. We already meet the highest international standards of environmental management (ISO 14001) and our goal is to reduce our CO2 emissions by 20% and water consumption by 15% before 2020.
Here’s what we’re working on:
- We’re consolidating our distribution centres and estimate an annual saving of 1.09 million transportation miles a year, and 1.56m KG of CO2
- We’ve installed two boreholes at the Coleford site, reducing the water taken from the town’s supply by 25%. Our water efficiency programme is all about reducing water wastage and minimising our impact on local resources
- Waste heat from our Combined Heat and Power Plant is captured and re-used to create steam for our production process. This provides 76%* of our power onsite
- We’ve reduced plastic used in our supply chain by 2,606 tonnes in the last 12 months and we’re still going
- We’ve been 'zero waste to landfill' since 2008, by committing to the 3 R's of reduce, re-use, recycle
At LRS we respect our natural resources and are committed to improving the sustainability of our brands through the value chain, by operating efficiently with minimum waste. Through our ‘One Team’ approach we have achieved this year-on-year and continue to contribute to the Suntory targets for 2020.
Leyton Powell, Head of Environment, Health & Safety
*Based on 2015 figures