Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 03 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- The role of a Key Account Controller (KAC) is to translate the Suntory SBF GB&I business strategy and commercial plan into executable account strategies that will meet and exceed the financial plan. The Account Controller is responsible for a sustainable strategic business plan to deliver out-performance.
- The Grocery customers play a significant role in our brand plans, within the ‘Laws of Growth’ model, to drive maximum penetration through their store base. The expectation of the Account Controller is to develop high level, strategic relationships, across the customers’ network to unlock insight, opportunity and to be ‘the first choice for Gemba’ to identify synergies that unlocks a long-term sustainable strategy. Ultimately the Account Controller is responsible for the Customer P&L and the Customer agenda and will therefore have line manager responsibility for the Key Account Managers and Key Account Executives associated with the customer(s). These customers have dedicated Multi-Functional Selling Teams (MFST) to deliver our ambitious growth plans.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record delivering sustainable growth within a Top 4 customer. Influencing skills are critical leadership attribute in this role in order to shape our plans both internally and externally. The individual must be commercially credible with experience of NRM levers and managing complex JBPs & P&Ls.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
- Develop a deep understanding of the market dynamics and Customer strategies with the objective of identifying and realising opportunities for Suntory SBF GB&I Brands
- Build a Customer plan to execute the Commercial Calendar
- Develop long term, senior level, strategic partnerships across the customer matrix
- Lead the selling process of SBF GB&I products and plan into key Customers
- Lead the negotiation of the Joint Business Plan with the Customer
- Lead the creation of bespoke opportunities to enable SBF GB&I to beat the competition
- Working with Marketing, Trade Marketing and RGM, develop a Customer execution plan that creates maximum impact for Suntory SBF GB&I brands
- Understand the competitive landscape, ensuring our executions deliver advantage for SBF GB&I and our customers
- Lead the MFCT to deliver the execution plan in Customer to exceed target levels
- Utilise Field Sales to deliver execution across the Customer Group at outlet level
- TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Recruit and retain top calibre talent at KAM and KAE level
- Build high technical capability within the team through ‘hands-on’ coaching
- Setting of SMART objectives with individuals aligned to Suntory SBF GB&I priorities and targets
- Facilitate an environment that motivates and inspires at both individual and team level
- Act as a role-model within the wider sales team
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Develop an annual Customer plan to meet and exceed target KPIs
- Delivery of the Customer volume, Net Sales and GP delivery within month, quarter and year
- Monthly review of the Customer P&L (actual and forecast) versus Plan and Prior Year
- Monthly communication of financial position of the Customer to Head of Customer Group and Finance with clear recommendations on opportunities and risk
- Regular evaluation of trade spend to ensure target levels of ROI are being met
- Regular evaluation of execution spend (Shopper and Field) to ensure target ROI is being met
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Commercial experience, incorporating account management and more senior leadership roles within customer teams, ideally across different trade channels.
- Strong leadership / influencing skills
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing, shopper marketing, category management, supply chain and financial management to ensure seamless cross functional working
- Strong commercial acumen to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities within the sector
- Deep understanding and experience of the financial management of the Manufacturer/Customer relationship
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – capable of communicating and influencing at all levels
- +5 years experience of working within the FMCG industry
Key competencies & skills
- Building teams – builds trust and morale in the team through effective, proactive communication. Communicates with impact and influence.
- Providing the Vision – Creates, defines and champions an inspiring and ambitious vision with clear and challenging objectives
- Leading Change – Adapts readily to shifting demands and conditions and converts change to opportunity
- Developing People – Seeks and develops talent in the business and fosters a learning environment and culture
- Commercial acumen - Understands how business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer based perspective.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands the market, current and future; takes a commercially astute, long term, big picture and ambitious view of the business; creates a compelling business strategy and ensures its execution
- Delivering Results – setting clear and ambitious targets, holding self and others accountable for attaining results and making timely decisions. Inspires others and creates a culture of attaining results.