Analytical Scientist - 10 month contract
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
The Technical Services Team provides a range of analytical methods to assist R&D with nutritional claim substantiation, due diligence, labelling and ingredient stability. As an analytical scientist, you will work both with a team, and independently, to undertake a range of routine and investigative analyses.
The quality and consumer experience of our products is critical to market success, so this role can have a major impact on BU success via ensuring product claims and physical stability are maintained.
Key Responsibilities, Scope for Decision Making, KPIs
- To assist and support the delivery of new products, claims and technology development programmes that contribute to the growth requirements of the Business using chemical analysis
- Conduct analytical testing of samples submitted for routine testing
- Conduct analytical assessment of raw materials
- Conduct analytical testing of samples as part of stability testing protocols
- To accurately record results of analysis within LIMS in order to track and report product performance
- Planning/Organizing prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Assistance with the development and updating of SOPs and laboratory documentation
- Support any external or internal audits where required
- To support the laboratory operation in line with calibration and maintenance requirements
- To ensure all laboratory work is carried out in accordance with GLP to support laboratory accreditation and in line with COSHH and H&S procedures
- To participate in internal and external Quality control programmes and proficiency testing
- Work with the Senior Analytical Scientists to explore technologies / methodologies and analytical method development to deliver the agreed programme on time and on budget
- Internally: R&D – Senior Analytical Scientists, Analytical scientist, Junior Analytical Scientist and trainees, Project Managers/leaders, Developers, Regulatory, Microbiology Scientists, Sensory, TDMS, Quality, Technical Managers and BU Marketing and CI teams.
- Externally: Third party laboratories, Co-packers and bottlers
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Food Science or related subject with chemistry content.
- Demonstrates practical experience in a related industry or university.
- Good knowledge of analytical methods including GC, GC/MS, HPLC, HPLC/MS, IC, HunterLab Colourimeter, and UV-Vis spectroscopy.
- Good knowledge of GLP & COSHH.
Key Competencies & Skills
- Demonstrates “Our Yatte Minahare Way”
- Methodical worker able to accurately report results to key stakeholders
- Good communication skills
- Seeks continuous improvement.
- Language skills: fluent English.