Assistant Brand Manager
Stockley Park - approx. 4 days per week
Central London/Event Attendance - approx. 1 day per week
Tell someone about this job!
Overview & Job Purpose
A fantastic end to end marketing role with the UK’s leading sport’s drink. With +£10m advertising spend and an enviable set of partnerships athletes and influencers, Lucozade offers unique access into the world of sport and fitness within an FMCG marketing context. In 2020, Lucozade sport will be working with Heavy Weight champion of the world, Anthony Joshua; the England football team in the build up to Euro 2020; The London Marathon; as well as a host of fitness ambassadors, including Gemma Atkinson, Victoria Spence, etc. You will part of a high performing marketing and partnership team who have total responsibility for the delivery of the brand strategy through to execution. Combining FMCG marketing, partnerships and social media this person needs to have bags of energy and passion with the ability to work well in a team that values great relationships and working dynamics.
Key Responsibilities, Scope for Decision Making, KPIs
- Support the Head of Brand in the development of full above the line brand campaigns; translating total campaign vision into activation & content creation within & digital channels.
- Full ownership of the development of Lucozade Sport’s future range of limited-edition products and flavour extension. Working within a cross functional team to develop liquids, packaging, in-store campaigns and develop full in-store launch plans to bring the product to market.
- Support the Senior Brand Manager in development of the future innovation pipeline, from initial ideation workshops, through to concept creation and 6P development to in market execution.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis across the Lucozade Sport portfolio using both internal and external data sources (e.g. IRI/Nielsen, Kantar, etc).
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external agencies on the creation and delivery of digital content and events with a focus on developing Lucozade Sport’s social media channels. Includes generating, editing, and scheduling social media content, including attending live sporting events and capturing content with key ambassadors and influencers.
- Spot reactive opportunities within the news agenda to create popular social media content and media coverage
- Responsible for the Consumer PR plan for the year, ensuring budget is implemented effectively to secure best in class execution and share of voice
- Manage the day to day relationships with specific partners to ensure a collaborative working relationships and enable Lucozade Sport to fully maximise the partnership assets and value
- Take responsibility for the approval process of partnership assets with both internal and external stakeholders
Key Competencies & Skills
- A passion for FMCG consumer dynamics with a curiosity for what makes people shop in the way that the do, and how we can influence them
- Experience of brand activation and / or communications development, ideally within FMCG categories
- Exposure and previous working with Marketing and or agency background – demonstrating ability to identify business opportunities and develop fact-based strategies
- Social media and digital interest and experience at both a consumer and business level
- Strong written and oral communications
- Effective personal time management and organisation
- Brilliant attention to detail
- Ability to take personal responsibility for matters
- A team player with good social and communication skills including personal tact and integrity
- Capable of working efficiently, meeting deadlines and handling stress and pressure at the same time
- Able to demonstrate a Yatte Minahare spirit