Business Development Executive - West Midlands
Field based - West Midlands
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
The role of a Business Development Executive is to execute LRS Brands excellently in line with account activation requirements, by managing multiple points of contact across the impulse channel, including regional business development teams, wholesale depots, and regional symbol groups.
- Building strong relationships with customers in wholesale Depots, key buying groups, regional symbol groups and regional business development teams.
- Focus on business development opportunities to drive incremental sales in your territory.
- Investigate and develop incremental initiatives in existing accounts, to generate sales revenue
- Ensure full distribution and maximum space of LRS products in the customer.
- Manage any admin related to regional customers on territory
- Influence head office agreed activation with customer base.
- Create maximum brand impact of the LRS commercial plan by using all appropriate levers.
- Agree and build feature space in prime locations in depots and store
- Agree secondary sites (on shelf and Chilled Space) in outlet.
- Create high exposure and impact of our brands in line with promotional plans in accounts.
- Activating and ensuring compliance of all elements of LRS HO agreed JBP’s within in each customer.
- Understand if equipment opportunities exist to drive additional feature in outlet.
- Identification of new mini multiples to develop and drive incremental sales through the relevant RTM.
- Manage short dated stock effectively across territory to minimise impact.
- Completion of price and space audits
- Invoice management in accordance with National Account instruction and following approved procedures and tracking tools
- Create JBP’s that are aligned to LRS commercial priorities and are in line with the National Account teams plans.
- Work with BDM’s and RTM NAM’s to ensure effective use of commercial investment across your defined territory.
- INTERNAL: Volume, Invoiced Sales, Net Sales, Clearance and Wastage
- EXTERNAL: Compliance, Distribution, Share of Space, Feature level, Sales Development and Engagement Actions (eg. Boxouts, JBP agreements, customer field sales incentives), New business development.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Experience of a sales environment
- A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach in the role is key to building and sustaining new long term relationships.
- Financial numeracy essential
- Good capability on Excel, Word and Powerpoint with an ability to learn new IT systems quickly
- A basic understanding of the FMCG marketplace, its key players and projected market dynamics.
Key Competencies & Skills
Understands how business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer based perspective.
Setting clear and ambitious targets, holding self and others accountable for attaining results and making timely decisions. Inspires others and creates a culture of attaining results.
Solicits and is open to both positive and constructive feedback. Responds calmly even when working under pressure. Actively works on personal development and applying learning from past experiences. Seeks to know own strengths and limitations.