Tell someone about this job!
15 January 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
- TSource & negotiate the ingredients raw materials needed for the productions of the finished goods in our 3 business units while managing timing, quality and costs in line with functional, business, region & Suntory objectives.
- Monitor and optimize the procurement of his/her ingredients subcategories, build and manage a supplier’s panel.
- Regular visit to growers in the UK + supplier visits outside UK.
Budget and Cost Optimisation
- Set budget standard prices for his/her subcategories & follow purchase price variances.
- Ensure appropriate reporting to the Procurement management.
- Deliver financial targets for the portfolio through negotiations activities
- Drive the negotiation on all the terms & conditions including prices review with a TCO approach
- Specific to blackcurrant : negotiate annual contracts & quotas respecting framework agreement guidelines
Quality and Risk Managment
- Hold regular BRM with most critical suppliers. Besides negotiation areas, monitor quality & KPI’s adherence
- In a close collaboration with SPM roles, improve quality of top offenders based on an 80/20 approach, having clear action plans and follow up done during the year. Prepare & contribute proactively to suppliers bi annual reviews
- Maintain risk analysis & ensure we have BCP in place with our key partners
- Develop alternative sourcing (locations, suppliers, specifications) when relevant
- For most critical suppliers, sign framework agreements & drive continuous improvement by putting in place SLA / KPI's
Market Insights & Strategies
- Prepare and roll out strategies for most significant categories
- Follow up market evolutions regularly to identify new risks & opportunities. Share with stakeholders relevant market information
- Specifically on blackcurrant : Ensure industry presence and in collaborative approach with agronomist, define SRM plans
- Be an active member of NPD projects, raise opportunities & risks for each innovation project
- Be an active member or Procurement – R&D community
- Define and follow a pipeline of COVI / Value optimization ideas
- Together with cat manager, support the organisation to progress on CSR & organic topics
- Develop market knowledge expertise to drive best procurement operations
- Demonstrate agility and reactivity to answer to Business needs On Time In Full
- Ensure alignment & good relationships with Business stakeholders
- Business Partnering with R&D on innovation agenda
- Optimize quality, cost and service performance of the suppliers
- Continuous Market & technical Intelligence
Experience and Skills
- University degree level, technical or economical. A Procurement specialization is a +
- Purchasing/supply chain experience
- Knowledge and experience of the relevant industry sector / fruits & juices related
- Excel, PPT & Procurement IT tools
- Fluent in English. French & Spanish are +
- Procurement operations & negotiation
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Team player, Cross-cultural spirit
- Agility, Flexibility, “think out of the box”
- Excellence in analysis
- Curious & interested by the categories
- Organized, meet deadlines