Sales - Stockley Park
Tell someone about this job!
15 January 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
To provide best in class actionable Category Insights & Strategic Recommendations to deliver profitable Category & Brand Growth for LRS and our Customers.
Develop category driving initiatives in order to gain advantage for our brands, drive sustainable and profitable growth (executed by the sales teams and outlet execution team). They will support the team in creating significant new value for LRS and our customers; identifying how we can win and make our brands indispensable to retailers and wholesalers.
The role also involves being an active ambassador for all our brands (both internally and externally), managing category budgets in the channel, brand performance, working with priority customers, and ensuring that we make the right strategic choices to drive gross profit. The role requires the ability to deliver compelling and executable category growth drivers, ensuring the long-term scalable competitive advantage and growing our share.
The individual will work within a multi-functional marketing and commercial team, needing to regularly influence a number of key stakeholders (channel sales controller, brand, finance, etc.). to ensure the upstream plans are optimal, followed by superb execution in market.
Key Responsibilities, Scope For Decision Making, KPI's
- Build winning customer relationships
- Use Insight to deliver against objectives of driving range and space
- Implement Category Strategy for competitive advantage
- Implement and deliver successful Range Review process
- Project focus – Inc. deep dives into promotions, underperforming segments, formats
- Business Planning – Defining range ladders, SKU optimisation, and review and course correction of NPD & Core
- Supporting tender proposals with strong category rationale
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Previous Category Management Experience
- Preferable experience in Foodservice and/or On Trade
Key Competencies and Skills
- Turning data into actionable insight
- Comfortable using a number of data sources to create insight e.g. CGA/iRi, Kantar, Mintel
- Leadership of projects across multiple teams
- Ability to engage customers in a strategic agenda
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous experience in customer facing roles
- Knowledge and understanding of the category management process