Commercial Development Manager (HSG)
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 19 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- Suntory GB&I is the sole distributor of Highland Spring brands within the Impulse and Out of Home channels. This is a unique role where the applicant will be responsible for executing the in-year plan and identifying opportunities to unlock volume and value growth annually. The Commercial Development Manager will support the Commercial Development Controller in deploying the Highland Spring commercial plan across the channels, with the objective of meeting and exceeding the designated business KPIs. The nature of this role makes it ideal for candidates with a category, commercial development or marketing background and provides the opportunity to develop within the commercial function.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- COMMERCIAL PLANNING
- Working with the Channel teams, the Commercial Development Manager will be responsible for the development and delivery of Go to Market plans
- Commercialise Highland Spring’s in year brand initiatives and develop the go to market plans to support these initiatives.
- Identify new business opportunities and work with the account team to unlock
- Define the 3 year opportunity for Highland Spring within the channels and identify the levers that will unlock the potential.
- Manage the end to end process of translating HSG brand plans into channel and account specific activation plans:
- Facilitate the conversion of HSG brand plans into shopper activation plans by managing the relationship between the HSG and LRS shopper marketing teams.
- Customer engagement planning.
- Creation of the promotional plan
- Manage the LRS shopper budget split by channel and monthly phasing.
- Represent Highland Spring in Suntory BF GB&I’s business planning process.
- CATEGORY & SCORECARD REPORTING
- Publish monthly reports demonstrating the progress of HSG performance in market by sub-channel and account for LRS and HSG use with actionable insight
- Support account teams by creating brand selling tools for customer engagement.
- Support Category Manager to develop appropriate category selling stories to win range and distribution.
- Support HSG Development Controller with the appropriate information ahead of monthly management meetings and quarterly top to tops with Highland Spring.
- COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Weekly & Monthly numbers review to manage performance vs budget.
- Key interface between supply chain team and commercial teams internally and externally
- Create the annual promotional plan in collaboration with the Account team Controllers and CDC.
- Evaluate performance of activity vs. expectation and recommend changes where needed.
- Coordinate pricing and financial modelling of HSG NPD and other ad-hoc opportunities.
- PRIMARY INTERACTIONS INTERNAL
- Key account managers
- Supply planner and Demand planner
- Finance business partners
- PRIMARY INTERACTIONS EXTERNAL
- Highland Spring
- Development Manager
- Account Controller
- Marketing Managers
- Innovation Managers
- Supply Chain
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Work experience in a commercial, category or marketing environment
- The ability to interpret category data and develop clear actionable plans.
- An understanding of how Marketing, Category and Sales interact to deliver brand objectives.
- Understand principles of a P&L and support the creation of the annual promotional plan as well as account pricing structures.
- A self-starter who proactively engages with the wider sales team to support delivery of Highland Spring distribution.
- Confidence to engage and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Strong capability in Office and Reporting suites
- A good understanding of the FMCG marketplace
Key competencies & skills
- Strategic Thinking – Understands the market, current and future; takes a commercially astute, long term, big picture view of the business. Supports the creation of compelling business strategy and ensures its execution is clear with ambitious targets.
- Commercial acumen - Understands how business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer based perspective.
- Self Awareness – Solicits and is open to both positive and constructive feedback. Responds calmly even when working under pressure. Actively works on personal development and applying learning from past experiences. Seeks to know own strengths and limitations.