Commercial Finance placement (12 months )
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 25 November 2020
Location: Stockley Park
Start date: Summer 2021
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
- The Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I Finance Industrial Placement Programme will provide you with 12 months of structured and on-the-job learning within a busy finance department, working within a variety of finance-based and cross-functional teams. During the year, you will develop an extensive understanding of the commercial financial realities and considerations made by an FMCG company in the development and production of its iconic brands.
- The placement will capitalize on your commercial savvy and allow you to develop your working knowledge of P&Ls, financial controls and departmental spend amongst other things. Benefiting from the experience of colleagues and senior managers, you will grow an understanding of the active role finance plays in every aspect of the business, and how it facilitates the progress of this ambitious company.
Let's talk specifics... What's the recipe for success?
- Fluency in English
- The unrestricted right to live and work permanently in the UK
- Achieved 2:1’s (or higher) in majority of university subject grades so far
- 'B' grade (or equivalent), or higher, at A-level in at least 1 Science*, Maths, Business or Economics-related subject.
- Confident ability in Excel
- Passion for Finance and self-development
- Strong communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team environment
- Open and approachable
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and to get stuck in!
- Strong analytical ability
- Confident, proactive and positive attitude
Why join us?
- Paid internship with competitive annual salary.
- Eligible for on target bonus
- 26 days holiday for the year
- Contribution to the gym/access to the gym
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Staff shop access
- Real time responsibilities
- Mentoring and development
- And finally, fun at work!!