Commercial Planning Manager
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 08 September2020
Location: Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Overview & Job Purpose
The role of a Commercial Planning Manager is to support the management and execution of the in-year number for Convenience and Wholesale with a focus on mitigation, planning and execution, also supporting the Commercial Planning & Strategy Controller with delivery of the longer term strategy. In addition, the role also involves supporting the in-year delivery of the brand strategy with alignment to specific brands helping them deliver the in-year.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPI's
- Tracking, Mitigation and Planning to support landing in Year Targets
- Lead the Convenience and Wholesale teams to land in year financial targets. Using promo, pricing, pack and place plans to identify opps to grow
- Identify customer and channel opportunities and engage the business in supporting the development of plans and initiatives to drive growth
- Execution of the Annual Operating Plan
- Support the customer and channel representation in the AOP and 3:1 planning process & leading the development of the channel strategy
- Develop a business case for brand and business initiatives
- Commercial input into the development of brand initiatives through SGM process
- Support Brand and Channel planning sessions
- Go to Market In-Year Brand Plans
- Development and delivery of annual Go to Market plans for key business initiatives – e.g. NPD, Hero Range, Pack/Format recommendations
- Set customer and channel targets
- Set up appropriate measurement and tracking of the Go to Market Plans
- Key commercial contact for any key in-year brand initiatives
Qualifications and experience
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to influence from NAM to Ex-Com with confidence
- Commercial experience, incorporating account management and category management , ideally across different trade channels
- Strong drive for results and ability to get things done
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing, shopper marketing, category management, supply chain and financial management to ensure seamless cross functional working
- Strong commercial acumen to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities within the sector
- Strong Excel skills
- At least 3 years of working within the FMCG industry
Key Competencies and skills
- Commercial acumen - Understands how business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer based perspective.
- Providing the Vision – Ability to bring cross functional teams and stakeholders on the journey, drive through projects and recommendations through the business to ensure seemless execution in market
- Strategic Thinking - Understands the market, current and future; takes a commercially astute, long term, big picture and ambitious view of the business; creates a compelling business strategy and ensures its execution.
- Delivering Results – setting clear and ambitious targets, holding self and others accountable for attaining results and making timely decisions. Inspires others and creates a culture of attaining results.