Customer Activation Manager - Food Service (9 Months FTC)
Tell someone about this job!
30 January 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
- You will have ownership of creating an insight based and category led OOH Customer specific activation plan to deliver against Brand and Commercial objectives. Expectation is that you will deliver market leading creative solutions, exploring progressive methods of customer marketing, with the aspiration to put LRS brands front of mind at point of purchase.
- This role is pivotal to the success of our brands and plays a key role in building strong customer relationships. Managing the day to day relationship with key customers and internal relationships with both the Sales Business Units, and the Brand Teams.
- You are accountable for the planning and subsequent flawless execution of the Commercial Calendar in your core customers. This will consist of both brand lead and customer lead activation. A key component of the role will also be the evaluation of each key activity against brand and commercial metrics.
- This is an opportunity to be part of the Out of Home team at Lucozade Ribena Suntory, an area of significant growth and focus within the business. The candidate will work on category leading brands such as Ribena the 8th largest Soft Drinks brand in the UK, Lucozade which is 2nd largest and Orangina. Ribena has over 75 years of heritage in the UK and holds a #1 position in the Drink Now Juice Drink category and #2 in the Squash category and Lucozade is #1 in Sports and Energy
- Creation of an insight based and category led customer activation plan to deliver against LRS commercial objectives
- Create compelling sell in and engagement with key customers to understand their requirements and deliver value driving customer marketing activity in these customers, based on brand asset toolkits provided by brand teams
- Accountable for securing the activation plans for all brands based on the Commercial Calendar, in conjunction with Customer Business Managers
- Accountable for deploying a significant budget per brand, managing and tracking this against plan.
- Accountable for the evaluation and ROI of all key campaigns deployed within customers, as well as sharing best practice across OOH and retail.
- Assess and improve existing ways of working through continuous improvement
Experience and Skills
- Degree Educated or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of UK FMCG market and all channels
- Customer Facing experience within a Marketing or sales environment preferably within OOH
- Understanding of key commercial levers, and P&L management, especially the impact of activation spend on channel
- Ability to lead and influence others to land exceptional plans that effectively delivers against customer and brand objectives
- Ability to engage customers and internal stakeholders through strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to use a wide variety of data sources, from which to analyse data and extract relevant insight
- Previous experience in shopper or brand marketing area
- Experience of managing agencies on campaigns / creative development
- Experience of Soft drinks category
- Brand marketing and or direct sales / channel management experience within FMCG
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Building Relationships
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Good stakeholder manager
- Strong planning & organisational skills
- Influencer with solid negotiation skills
- Commercially savvy
- High Impact & clear communicator
- Takes personal responsibility/accountability for delivery