Customer Business Manager
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 03 March 2021
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- Reporting to the Trading Controller for the Impulse Channel (Island of Ireland), this Customer Business Manager role is the key driver of Food Service and Vending strategy for the Island of Ireland working across all our Soft Drinks and Beam Alcohol Portfolio’s working in line with the our Founders Attributes and Must Win Brand & Channel battles. They will lead and manage the Food Service & Vending commercial business to deliver and execute our business objectives by delivering performance through specific emphasis on sales and profit growth targets, KPI targets, Channel priorities, developing people, strategic development and planning for the channel.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- To Deliver Monthly, Quarterly and Annual NSV Revenue and NSV Per Litre Targets in line business objectives.
- Key Account Management of all foodservice and vending providers within the channel, including (but not confined to) Pallas Foods, Henderson’s, BWG Foods, Musgrave Foodservice BDS, Tayto and Mount Charles.
- To Deliver Annual KPI Metrics (Distribution, Innovation Sales and Forecast Accuracy) Targets in conjunction with relevant Field Sales and Finance/Operations colleagues.
- Deliver Pro-Active development and implementation of Brand Strategies into Customer Activation Plans and JBP’s.
- Develop relationships with key contractors within the foodservice & vending industry, both growing existing business and identifying new contractors including Sodexo, Aramark, Compass, Baxter storey and KSG.
- Responsible for new business development within these channels, working collaboratively with Customer Sales Teams and SBFI Sales Teams to create synergies in ways of working.
- Working closely with the Marketing Team to develop specific channel plans for foodservice with each of the Key Brands & NPD.
- Work closely with the sales network within SBFI and engage the Territory Developer Teams, taking the channel strategy into each of their areas to achieve the overall objective of channel growth and distribution of our brands.
- Using Category Management principals within key customer groups to ensure that SBFI key core range is agreed and understood.
- To deliver commercial forecast for Food Service & Vending as a key participant in the Forecast Alignment Process where required
- To understand Customer Trading and specific category strategies and build this understanding into all customer engagement, trading and activation plans
- To input, shape and develop these strategic customer trade plans in close collaboration channel controllers, Field Sales managers and relevant Marketing leads
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years FMCG experience in sales management / account management roles.
- Educated to degree level ideally (but not essential) in Business, Marketing, Business Studies.
- IT Literate and Comfortable using Excel, Word, PowerPoint packages.
Key competencies & skills
- HUMBLE DETERMINATION: Resilience and reliability are core to this integral role.
- DELIVERING RESULTS: Taking Accountability and Delivering on KPI’s and Commercial Objectives for the accounts you manage. Applying effective planning and organisation skills to Customer Activation Plans, while utilising analytical skills to manage and interpret KPI/Performance and Market Data
- AUTHENTICITY & CONNECTEDNESS: Connected and Authentic colleague/peer communication interactions required to build strong, trusting relationships across multiple internal and external stakeholders and be able to influence as needed. Be assertive in times of urgency to ensure the business priorities are met while maintaining tact as and where required.
- CREATIVITY: Ability to apply creative and entrepreneurial thinking to solve challenging problems with effective solutions and in the development of medium/long term Food Service Strategy
- AGILITY: assertive interventions are often required. Flexibility, willingness to change course and open mind are required to adapt to business priorities where required.