Customer Demand Planner
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 03 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- Effectively manage the supply of all LRS products to a group of customers, from product conception, through all stages of the supply chain to the consumers point of purchase with a specific focus on the short term demand plan; creating strong and effective relationships both internally and externally to enable delivery of vital KPIs that ultimately aim to maximise availability for the shopper.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- Whilst working cross functionally, internally and externally, utilise all data available (particularly from retailer systems) to closely monitor performance and identify any trends, oversells, undersells, seasonality and stock fluctuations, feeding any insight gathered into key contacts/meetings, recommending and also making changes that would help proactively manage the demand plan.
- Work closely with the sales and demand forecasting functions and take full ownership of the short-term horizon; fully understanding the importance of hitting forecast accuracy targets and how they impact other KPIs within the supply chain.
- Develop an effective relationship with key contacts within the assigned customer(s) and gain an understanding of their business model in order to influence key decision makers to work collaboratively with LRS; seeking cooperative management of forecast and inventory, particularly in key trading periods.
- Partner with the customer service and logistics function to build a robust understanding of each customers operation; implement a contact strategy that enables a clear and consistent communication flow where needed and furthermore look to identify opportunities for improvement / value creation.
- Alongside other members of the collaboration team define and implement a clear, customer centric supply chain strategy for key pieces of activity such as new product launches, volatile promotions, seasonal spikes and bespoke display pallets.
- Deliver against targeted KPIs with assigned customers as determined by supply chain priorities whilst maintaining and developing a robust reporting process that enables both root cause analysis into any challenges and the sharing of success.
- Internal stakeholders to be Supply and Network Planning, Demand Forecasting, Sales, Customer Service and Logistics, Commercial Activation Team and External stakeholders to be Customer(s) Supply Team
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- University degree level
- Supply chain experience (minimum 4 years experience – particularly with a major FMCG customer/retailer)
- Knowledge and experience of the soft drinks industry and retailer behaviour
- Familiarity with supply chain best practices
- Comfortable with reporting in Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
Key competencies & skills
- Results driven and accountable
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Strong analytical skills