Customer Demand Planner
Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Tell someone about this job!
30th December, 2018
18th February, 2019
Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Bonus, Healthcare, Pension and 26 days Holiday
The role of the Customer Demand Planner is to Effectively manage the supply of all LRS products to a group of customers, from product conception, through all stages of the supply chain to the consumers point of purchase with a specific focus on the short-term demand plan; creating strong and effective relationships both internally and externally to enable delivery of vital KPIs that ultimately aim to maximise availability for the shopper.
Overview & Job Purpose
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Comms Planner to join the TED Team, our in-house marketing agency at Lucozade Ribena Suntory.
Based at our West London Office you’ll work on some of the most iconic brands in the industry to deliver exciting and effective comms plans.
You’ll take a through-the-line planning approach considering consumer insight, relevant media channels and the retail environment. Working across a wide range of briefs covering everything from TV and OOH to responsive Social Media and Ecommerce, you will recommend insight-led strategies and relevant performance metrics for our brands.
You will plan inspiring brainstorms with our brand and creative teams to collaboratively develop creative, strategically robust campaigns.
You will bring a wealth of knowledge and marketing experience to our team and be aware of the latest developments in the media world.
- Whilst working cross functionally, internally and externally, utilise all data available (particularly
- from retailer systems) to closely monitor performance and identify any trends, oversells,
- undersells, seasonality and stock fluctuations, feeding any insight gathered into key
- contacts/meetings, recommending changes that would help proactively manage the demand
- Work closely with the sales and demand forecasting functions and take full ownership of the
- short-term horizon; fully understanding the importance of hitting forecast accuracy targets and
- how they impact other KPIs within the supply chain.
- Develop an effective relationship with key contacts within the assigned customer(s) and gain
- an understanding of their business model to influence key decision makers to work
- collaboratively with LRS; seeking cooperative management of forecast and inventory,
- particularly in key trading periods.
- Partner with the customer service and logistics function to build a robust understanding of each
- customers operation; implement a contact strategy that enables a clear and consistent
- communication flow where needed and furthermore look to identify opportunities for
- improvement / value creation.
- Alongside other members of the collaboration team define and implement a clear, customer
- centric supply chain strategy for key pieces of activity such as new product launches, volatile
- promotions, seasonal spikes and bespoke display pallets.
- Deliver against targeted KPIs with assigned customers as determined by supply chain priorities
- whilst maintaining and developing a robust reporting process
Skills & Experience
- University degree level
- Supply chain experience (particularly with a major FMCG customer/retailer)
- Knowledge and experience of the soft drinks industry and retailer behavior would be desirable
- Familiarity with supply chain best practices
- Strong Microsoft Office application skills, especially Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Good command of the English language
- Excellent Communication and Influencing skills
- Ability to work autonomously and travel as required