Customer Director - Tesco Booker
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 11 December 2020
Location: Stockley Park
The Head of Tesco Booker Customer Group will play a leading role in the creation, implementation and execution of the vision and strategy for the Customer Group delivering sales targets, competitive advantage and sustainable profitable growth for SBFE GB&I brands.
This role is a strategically important role, given the complex and highly leveraged position this customer group has for SBFE GB&I. This role is critical in building a collaborative, long term partnership that will deliver against our strategic priorities.
Ultimately, the Head of Customer Group is accountable for the in-year Customer Group P&L delivery in line with Budget (Volume, Net Sales, Trade Spend, Gross Profit and Margin, NSV/L).
In addition, the Head of Customer Group plays a key role on the Sales Leadership team with a leading role in the creation, implementation and execution of the vision & long term strategy for the sales team that will deliver competitive advantage and sustainable profitable growth for SBFE GB&I in the UK marketplace.
Some of the things you'll be accountable for...
- Leadership of the Key Account Management Team to deliver the Commercial Plan in the Customer Group
- Execution of the Customer Marketing activation plan
- Execution of the Category Strategy to maximise distribution and visibility of SBFE GB&I Brands
- Delivery of the Revenue Growth Management Strategy to ensure the best return for the trade spend invested via the 5 RGM levers (Price, Promo, Mix, PPA, Trade Investment)
- Design & delivery of the account Contact Strategy, including annual top to top meetings and ensuring SBFE GB&I have a broad contact matrix across the customer group
- Ownership of the customer group P&L and ensuring fully represented through the SBFE GB&I commercial cycle (IBP). Any R&Os to be highlighted and mitigation plans recommended where appropriate
Let's talk specifics... What's the recipe for success?
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable leadership skills within the FMCG industry
- Leading Customer Groups and customer accounts ideally across different trade Customer Groups.
- Experience leading and managing large teams
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing, shopper marketing, category management, supply chain and financial management to ensure seamless cross functional working
- Strong commercial acumen to lead the and deliver against the Customer Group P&L
- Experience in building and executing Customer Group strategies and plans
- Deep understanding and experience of the financial management of the Manufacturer/Customer relationship
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – capable of communicating and influencing at all levels