Data and Analytics Manager
Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Tell someone about this job!
10th August 2017
Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Bonus, Healthcare, Pension and 26 days Holiday
Overview & Job Purpose
- The acquisition, management and processing of information, data and insight is changing.
- LRS is a complex organisation that receives and generates ever-increasing amounts of data from Consumers, Customers and other external third party data service providers. Traditional interrogation and insight approaches need to evolve accordingly to ensure LRS continues to thrive in this data-rich environment.
- The purpose of this role is to scope, design and build a modern data infrastructure and analytics capability which will improve the quality and speed of decision-making within the organisation through development of complex tools with simple outputs .
- The role will partner with Commercial, Marketing, Finance departments and external third parties to deliver objectives that measure the impact of our Sales & Marketing activity and improve our return on investment.
- This role will deliver a programme which will step-change how we use data and insight to increase our understanding of the performance of the retail landscape, optimise our trade and advertising investment and ensure we get more value from the data we have both short and long-term.
Key Responsibilities, Scope for Decision Making, KPI’s
- Work with senior stakeholders to understand, create and embed new approaches in delivering data and automation to improve and speed up business decision making. Deliver simple and visual tools through collaboration with service providers and internal digital teams.
- Identify business unit KPI’s and develop online dashboards which simplify and visualise analytics allowing users in Sales and Marketing to have “one version of the truth” and enable key take-outs and actions without complexity
- Work with stakeholders to create analytics tools which appraise and improve investment decisions across key cost centre within the business e.g. Media, Promotional and Shopper investment moving the business to best in class automated reviews.
- Continually develop analytics tools based on statistical modelling that work with service providers ‘data feeds’ to become self-sufficient data and analytics team with less reliance on external providers paid for analytics services
- Produce analytics tools that distil complex data to simple visualisations to engage the wider business in key initiatives KPI progress e.g. Lucozade Energy Media Campaign allowing for “real time” view of FSDU store placement etc…
- Work with data analytics team members to up skill understanding and capability of statistical modelling and coding to enable development of analytics talent within LRS
- Heads of Channel
- Heads of Brand
- Finance Director
- Head of Digital Marketing
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Numerate Degree (or equivalent in experience) with grounding in statistics (Stats Package Usage preferable e.g alteryx, R)
- Highly analytical - having worked with and developed analytical models (preferably using multiple datasets)
- Experience working within/leading cross-functional teams and projects. Ability to engage and solve technical problems were required and delegate when appropriate
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships with key stakeholders across different functions
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with ability to simplify the complicated
- Comfortably and Instinctively able to challenge the status quo with positive intent
- The ability to work independently, with initiative, in a fast moving environment
Key Competencies & Skills
- Commercial acumen - Understands how the LRS business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer based perspective.
- Strategic Thinking / Providing the Vision - Understands the market, current and future; takes a commercially astute, long term, big picture and ambitious view of the business; creates a compelling plan and ensures its executed
- Delivering Results -Sets clear and ambitious targets, holding self and others accountable for making timely decisions and attaining results. Inspires others and creates a culture of delivering results.