Digital Creative Strategy Manager
Marketing (TED Team - In house agency)
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 19 November 2020
Location: Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Overview & Job Purpose
Digital Creative Strategy Manager is a key role within TED, the in-house agency at SBF GB&I. You will play a key role within the TED Leadership Team, driving the team forward and helping scope the future of the agency. Reporting into the Head of Digital, working within a team of over 20 people, your role will help define the strategic direction of our campaigns.
This is a broad and exciting role which offers an enjoyable mix of strategic thinking and providing the vision alongside creativity and hands-on delivery of marketing campaigns. You’ll work on some of the best-known brands in the UK soft drinks industry working alongside award winning best in-class external agencies. You will be based in our West London Office.
The in-house agency produces above-the-line and through-the-line comms – everything from digital and social campaigns, to brand strategy and shopper activation. You will help brands deliver better creative through the line, with particular emphasis on digital activations with some supporting physical activation. You will lead the internal agency’s strategy and planning team. Directing, overseeing and working alongside the Creative Director and team. You will have to act as the strategic lead, delivering insight-lead digital strategies and honing the creative, to make sure we can deliver what the client needs, and do good work we can all be proud of. You will be responsible for recommending insight-led strategies and KPIs through the line for our brands with a focus on our digital channels.
You will plan awe-inspiring brainstorms and brief our creative team to ensure our output is strategically robust. You will utilise your wealth of knowledge and marketing experience and will need to be in-tune with the latest culture and audience trends.
- A successful leader, collaborator and divergent thinker
- Be the authority of digital campaign strategy within the agency
- Create, develop and adapt campaigns within the digital arena, with an understanding of the underlying brand strategy
- Guide and support our offline Creative Strategist
- A thorough understanding of brand planning and its principles
- Translate and add value to business/client briefs, turning them into insight-rich comms briefs ensuring that creative and media are effectively integrated
- Plan and host workshops when needed
- Develop strong, trusting relationships between brand and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution
- Proactively keeps abreast of brand digital plans
- Mandatory digital and social experience
- Solid ecommerce experience
- Have an understanding of the consumer journey and the digital funnel, and audit the content/communications ecosystem and where the most valuable points are to invest time and money
- Identifying key trends & best practices and sharing this internally
- Proactively approaching client with relevant innovative & integrated solutions
- Articulating creative ideas to sell-in to brand
- Works and interacts with team members from all departments
- An agile doer not just a smart thinker
Key Competencies, skills & professional experience
- Agency or client experience (5+ years)
- Minimum 4+ years experience ATL, TTL and BTL
- Line management experience
- Highly organised individual with experience managing a portfolio of campaigns
- Creative, passionate and in tune with the latest content marketing and wider trends.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines across multiple projects on multiple brands.
- Experience working on brand campaigns, contributing and complementing to the creative and planning process.
- Firm grasp of retail and FMCG
- Thorough understanding of digital shopper touch points and media.
- Willing to get involved in multiple areas within a small, agile team
- Strong, confident and effervescent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational, communication and time-management skills
- Excellent client management skills (this is a client facing role)