Finance Business Partner - Commercial Finance
Tell someone about this job!
15 January 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
An opportunity has arisen for a finance business partner responsible for c£100m NSV. Working in partnership and as part of the wider Sales team in the development of the channels, and using expertise to create growth through JBPs, NPD delivery & longer-term plans.
This role supports & partners the longer-term strategy and challenges to enable a growth mindset for the future of the channel and brands that play within these. The purpose of role is to partner the Sales Team on forecasting, performance reviews, management of trade investment, promotional effectiveness and Joint Business Planning (JBP) to ensure financial targets are achieved.
The position reports into a Senior Finance Business Partner.
- Provide effective business partnering support using insight and analysis for decision-making to the Channel Controllers and their teams to deliver commercial targets
- Partnering with the Sales Teams on the commercial forecasting and performance review process which should support the creation and execution of excellent commercial plans.
- Ensure alignment and understanding among the Sales Teams of the key performance drivers and commercial targets
- Ensure clear and consistent communication of performance and issues to key stakeholders
- Operating as part of the multi-functional Channel Sales Team by providing support and challenge to drive performance
- Ensure “best practice” trade spend management is embedded across the Sales Teams
- Ensure effective revenue management and control policies and procedures are adhered to to ensure optimum pricing and customer mix and to ensure customer discounts (trade funds) are efficiently managed for best return.
- Ensure key commercial plans executed by the Sales Team are supported by sound financial appraisal. Areas of focus include annual Joint Business Planning (JBP) agreements and promotions
- Identify training needs within the Sales Teams and seek to develop a strong, self-serving sales team
- Responsible for month end close, adhering to policies and controls
Skills & Experience
- Financial acumen - qualified accountant with a proven track record as a trusted Business Partner
- Experience in working within/leading cross-functional team & projects
- Expertise in FMCG commercial business partnering finance support, ideally sales channels and embedded customer hierarchies
- Strong understanding of Trade Funds management
- Understanding of International Accounting Standards for revenue reporting/treatment
- Experience of SAP/BI
- Confident and credible in front of sales teams
- Ability to challenge the Sales Team with healthy balance of assertiveness and tact
- Track record of ability to build good working relationships
- High level of resilience under pressure
- Track record of effective prioritisation and decision making, ideally during a period of significant business change