Financial Planning and Performance Analyst
Tell someone about this job!
07 November 2018
Overview & Job Purpose
- This is a key position responsible for monthly reporting and managing and co-ordinating the GBI Forecasting and Planning process as well as supporting ad hoc projects
- Ensure timely submission of monthly HFM submissions to SBFE (including actuals, pre-estimate and flash). Work closely with all finance functions to manage and maintain clear timetable for all submissions
- Develop and maintain financial models to capture, analyse and enable Finance Leadership Team review of actual and forecast performance plus other ad hoc analysis (eg. Bonus calculation)
- Perform high level analytical review of financial results to identify anomalies in trends and inconsistencies with previous forecasts, challenging business partners and flagging major issues to Finance Leadership Team.
- Preparation of Monthly Reporting Packs and Town hall presentations (for both SBFE and Internal Stakeholders) including brand and channel analysis, KPI and Key priority tracking
- Lead SBFE Planning Submission in HFM by developing a clear timetable and ensuring it aligns with commercial planning process.
- Prepare Budget Pack and analysis for Plan presentations
- Business Partnering with the Marketing and Commercial team on New Launched brands
- Full P&L reporting responsibility including sales, margin and all costs
- Management of latest sales forecast and budget delivery
- Responsible for designing, leading and implementing various projects across the business to drive process improvement initiatives
- Support Head of FP&A with ad-hoc analysis and projects (including acquisitions/partnerships and other commercial opportunities)
Experience and Skills
- Financial acumen
- Hyperion/ and or any other consolidation system experience essential. Experience of Group consolidation and processes useful.
- Commercial acumen - understands how global businesses work; is commercially aware and ensures customer and/or consumers’ needs are met or exceeded. Makes sound commercial decisions based on analysis and good judgment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships with key stakeholders across different teams
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills including time management and priority setting
- The ability to work independently, with initiative, in a fast-moving environment
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Instinctively able to challenge status quo with healthy balance of assertiveness and tact
- Adapts readily to shifting demands and conditions and converts change to opportunity. Maintains composure and effectiveness; encourages others during times of uncertainty