Front End Innovation Senior Packaging Manager
R&D - Stockley Park
Tell someone about this job!
15 January 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
Lead Front End Innovation packaging activities across SBFE as a key enabler of transformational growth
Key Responsibilities, Scope For Decision Making, KPI's
- Packaging Strategy: Responsible for leading development of mid-long term SBFE Packaging Strategy and Plan aligned to consumer needs, BU strategy plans and R&D and Procurement strategies. Ensure that this is translated into a compelling Vision and drive engagement across the business to drive action
- Innovation: Lead identification of innovation opportunities and development of 3-7 year SBFE packaging pipeline aligned to business strategy (pack materials / structure, design , pack formats, route to market) including development of relationships and collaboration with external partners as required. Use current market knowledge and emerging trends to drive competitive advantage. Embrace agile and lean innovation approaches to drive iterative learning and faster time to market
- Future Focus : Explore new and emerging packaging technologies to drive transformational business growth. Create a compelling and inspiring vision and proactively drive engagement across the business with these opportunities through integration of commercial, consumer and technical agendas.
- Thought Leadership : Act as a thought leader in relation to future packaging technologies. Identify and build relationships with strategic partners to help drive the future SBFE packaging agenda. Drive breakthrough thinking through role modelling creativity and growth mindset
- Building teams: Encourage and enable cross functional and cross market working to influence and deliver results linked to our future packaging agenda
- Project management: Develop future packaging innovation projects covering product preservation, food safety, design, environmental impact, OPEX and CAPEX.
- Packaging Community : Play a leading role in SBFE packaging community including devt of SBFE packaging vision and strategy aligned to R&D Strategy. Build strong relationships with SME and GNG teams in Japan to ensure we leverage total Suntory expertise to drive transformational growth in SBFE
- Deliver transformational packaging innovation projects across SBFE
- Build strong relationships both with R&D / Packaging communities (SBFE & Global) and with key senior figures in commercial functions across SBFE to ensure traction and engagement for pack innovation projects
- Ability to influence at senior levels and across functions – especially marketing
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Degree in Engineering-packaging, industrial, or chemical
- Experience in Food industry packaging.
- Packaging world knowledge and experience in Food industry - experience beyond soft drinks an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Good Manufacturing Practice
- Experience of design thinking approaches to innovation desirable