Head of Activation
Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
The Head of Activation is responsible for two key areas – Leading our category vision agenda with our key customers and leading the delivery and execution of our activation campaigns.
This is a key leadership role ensuring our future category vision is translated effectively to inspire a broad range of customers with the intent of building sustainable growth partnerships.
It is also pivotal in ensuring our brand and marketing strategies are brought to life in outlets with industry leading activation.
This role will be heavily involved in both the long-term planning processes and the integrated business planning process (S&OP).
In addition, the Head of Activation plays a key part in the Sales Leadership team with a leading role in the creation, implementation and execution of the vision & long-term strategy for the sales team that will deliver competitive advantage and sustainable profitable growth for LRS in the UK marketplace.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPI’s
Category Vision & Management:
- Leads the delivery of our category strategy vision with our key customers to facilitate strategic
- growth partnerships.
- Leads the customer category management agenda to ensure we secure key category
- Leads the category team to ensure we win with customers (range, space on shelf, distribution).
- Leads the creation of our activation vision and strategy with clearly defined levers for success.
- Leads the activation team to effectively engage customers & disrupt consumers through insight led activity.
- Develops customer and channel specific activations that are aligned to the marketing strategy.
- Explores customer-centric opportunities to drive in-store footprint an optimise the point of purchase for LRS brands (permanent and temporary solutions).
- Generates shopper insight to drive improved understanding and optimisation of our activations in store.
- Responsible for using key insights to improve the effectiveness of our campaigns and improve ROI on our investments.
- Ensures there is a communication and engagement plan in place to keep team fully informed and engaged into the LRS business.
- Recruits and retains top calibre talent.
- Develops, coaches and mentors team.
- Embeds a culture of high performance and results delivery.
- Builds high technical capability in conjunction with sales capability and L&D.
- Sets SMART objectives with individuals aligned to LRS priorities and targets.
- Facilitates an environment that motivates and inspires at both individual and team level.
- Acts as a role-model within the wider sales team.
- Heads of Marketing
- Finance Director & Finance Business Partners
- Coleford & External Supply Manager
- Channel Controllers
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher
- +7 Years sales/commercial marketing experience in FMCG ideally
- +3 years at Controller level with a range of commercial and people experience
- Breadth of experience covering National Accounts, Category Management, Shopper Marketing & ideally Commercial Channel Management
- A strong understanding of the FMCG marketplace. Must be able to draw insight from the wealth of Customer, Category and Shopper data available and apply it to their strategies and plans
- Excellent line manager/leadership skills gained through managing a team
- Strong commercial acumen to be able to build strategically sound, plans and strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills – capable of communicating and influencing at all levels with the ability to inspire and lead a broad set of people inside and outside LRS
Key Competencies and Skills
- Providing the Vision – Creates a well-defined inspirational vision for the team, determines and communicates clear business objectives and milestones, consistently provides positive encouragement to achieve goals.
- Commercial acumen - Understands how business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer based perspective.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands the market, current and future; takes a commercially astute, long term, big picture and ambitious view of the business; creates a compelling business strategy and ensures its execution.
- Leading Change – Anticipates the need for change and quickly adapts behavior and leadership style. Maintains composure and effectiveness during times of change.
- Building teams – Builds trust and morale in the team through effective, proactive communication. Communicates with impact and influence.