Head of Digital Marketing
Marketing - Stockley Park
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
Head of Digital Marketing is a key role on the Marketing Leadership Team at LRS and a position in which you can have a huge impact upon what we do and how we do it.
Reporting in to the Marketing Director and leading a team of over 20 people, the Head of Digital has a broad remit across the marketing function including strategy, media, content creation and campaign delivery through our in-house agency, TED.
This is a broad and exciting role which offers an enjoyable mix of strategic thinking and providing the vision alongside creativity and hands-on delivery of marketing campaigns.
Key Responsibilities, Scope for Decision Making, KPIs
- Inspire and lead a team of digital designers, developers, planners and content creators to produce great work which supports our campaigns and delivers against brand goals.
- Work with our brand teams to plan and deliver marketing campaigns for Lucozade Energy, Lucozade Sport, Ribena and our emerging brands like Merchant’s Heart.
- Be the voice of change and evangelise digital at senior leader forums, highlighting the new opportunities it can unlock for our brands.
- Define the role of digital channels in the marketing mix, set and deliver against goals for our POE ecosystem and owning the day-to-day execution and optimisation across platforms.
- Work closely with our European regional digital team to support digital transformation across the region.
- Continue to develop our business case roadmap for in-housing relevant marketing services.
- Ensure that the TED Team structure and WOW are fit for purpose and deliver against objectives with campaign assets produced on-time and on-budget.
- Leadership of a team of 20 including 4 direct reports.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- An exceptional understanding of Marketing and the role of digital and technology within it.
- Experience of marketing campaign development for large brands, cycle timing, relevant channels and production and requirements for print, web and video/multimedia.
- Demonstrable experience developing digital marketing strategies, aligning senior stakeholders and executing with impact.
- A sound strategic understanding of emerging or constantly changing channels such as media, online and social.
- A passion for technology, innovation and a keen interest in emerging, disruptive technologies such as AI, robotics, big data and blockchain.
- An experienced people manager with a proven track record of leading high-performing teams, ideally digital marketing, either at an agency or in-house.
- Experience working in FMCG desirable but not essential.
Key Competencies and Skills
- A high level of strategic thinking across both internal marketing requirements and external factors, particularly relating to technology and its’ impact on media channels is required for this role.
- The ability to horizon-scan and anticipate external change is essential, as is the ability to take a commercial view and prioritise over the short and long-term. High ambition but realistic execution.
Providing the Vision
- You will need to inspire your colleagues, peers, the marketing department and the wider business with an exciting view of the future make it clear and simple enough for others to understand. Objectives should be challenging but clear and realistic.
- The mindset and ability to challenge the status quo and explore new ideas or ways of doing things is essential for this role. Thinking creatively and being able to take the initiative or realise an opportunity created by external trends or changes is also important
- You’ll need the ability to navigate complexity within the Marketing department and external 3rd parties. Foreseeing potential resistance, challenge and overcoming inertia will be an important skill for this role along with the ability to inspire and empower others to drive change, bringing people on the journey while moving at pace and building momentum.
- Set ambitious but realistic goals, gather feedback from key stakeholders and be accountable for delivering the transformation roadmap.