Head of Marketing - Lucozade Energy
Tell someone about this job!
15 December 2018
Overview & Job Purpose
- Lucozade Energy is the leading Energy drink in the UK worth £281m RSV with a long and established portfolio of products. With a sizeable annual marketing budget (circa £15-20m) and a proven track record of market leading innovation and communication, it is an iconic brand that deserves the very best work and talent. This is also our biggest brand in the UK, which requires an experienced and innovative leader to take the brand forward.
- As Head of Lucozade Energy you will need to operate in a high-profile leadership role, building brand strategies that align with our company vision and fit with evolving consumer needs. You will oversee market leading campaigns and products; and given the increasingly competitive and challenging market conditions, will need to have good knowledge of the soft drinks market and competitors. We operate as an autonomous UK market and therefore you will take responsibility for the creation and delivery of the Lucozade Energy plan covering the full marketing mix including ATL and BTL media, PR, experiential etc. as well as product, pack and format innovation that will create value for the brand and deliver long term sustainable growth. You will work on a variety of projects both within and across brand and function and will be required to engage with internal and external stakeholders including our Executive committee, European leadership team, customers and trade media.
- Candidates applying should have a proven track record, passion and desire for generating the very highest standard of work that is consumer centric, ambitious and bold and have the ability to influence, design and execute all elements of the marketing mix from strategy through to implementation in market. You will have full responsibility for the brand P&L and therefore will also need a strong commercial skill set in order to build plans that will deliver for the consumer, our customers and the business.
- You will be joining a high-performing and very talented team within an agile and innovative business. This is a unique opportunity to not only shape the future of a household British Brand, but also to develop your own capabilities as a marketer and leader. As the most senior role within the marketing leadership team you will also be expected to lead beyond our immediate team across the Marketing and the wider organization and play a key role in strategic development of LRS overall.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPI's
- Develop and champion the brand vision & purpose - Inspire the wider business to believe, commit and deliver the Lucozade Energy growth plan and ensure it is executed outstandingly
- Lead the long-term brand strategy (3, 5 and 10 years); develop and execute the annual operating plan
- Responsibility for allocation and ROI analysis of significant A&P spend
- Develop and lead a high performing team (5 people) – coach, support and empower them to deliver their projects through excellence in executions
- Continuously challenge and improve our processes and ways of working at marketing and business level (as one of the key leaders in the business)
- Work with third parties (agencies, sponsors, partners, ambassadors) to help drive our business and communication goals
- Setting and delivering the brand KPIs
- As a key leader in the Marketing Leadership Team, you would be instrumental in defining and shaping the marketing culture whilst supporting the development of the wider marketing teams
Key Competencies and Skills
- Providing a vision: Creates, defines and champions an inspiring and ambitious vision with clear and challenging objectives, while bringing the brand team and broader business on the journey.
- Strategic thinking: Creates and communicates a clear and compelling business strategy. Has a relentless focus on team’s excellent execution of the strategy while overseeing them.
- Delivering results: Sets and achieves clear and ambitious goals. Experience of driving a strategic planning process. Proven budget management, presentation and communication skills.
- Commercial Acumen: Strong commercial skills including P&L understanding and management to make the right decisions for now and the future.
- Building teams: Builds a high-performing team and promotes collaborative relationships and teamwork.
- Developing people: Seeks and develops talent and fosters a learning environment and culture.
- Strong Communicator: The brand commands a natural amount of interest internally: you must be able to excite, inform and openly collaborate with others vertically and horizontally through the organisation.
- Lead change: Adapts readily to shifting demands and conditions and strong influencing skills with the ability to lead across the wider business.
- Self-awareness: Understands the impact of self on others, adapts personal and managerial behaviour appropriately, and demonstrates resilience in challenging situations.
- LRS ExCom: Marketing Director
- Customers: Category controllers and senior buyers across all channels
- European and Local ExCom including board level
- In-house Marketing Team
- Lead strategic and tactical Agencies – advertising, media agency, PR, design and shopper
- Wider senior marketing and commercial leadership teams
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Proven track record of driving brand growth in the FMCG sector
- Experience in managing and developing high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to identify and deploy powerful market and consumer insights to drive growth both in the short-term and long-term
- Strong commercial skills including P&L understanding and management
- Experience of launching and delivering new NPD to market and building winning launch activation
- Build strong annual marketing plans and enable the team to deliver with excellence
- Experience in brand and communications planning, campaign development and leading agencies