Junior Graphic Designer
Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
We’re looking for a talented Junior Designer to join our in-house design (TED) team and work across a diverse range of projects for our brands, with a focus on in-store print artwork.
As a Designer hungry for in-house experience, you’ll have the ability and initiative to take control of briefs and help develop the creative. You’ll be able to work within existing guidelines and develop designs suitable for a variety of applications across our shopper, marketing and advertising portfolio.
Key Responsibilities, Scope for Decision Making, KPIs
- You’ll be responsible for overseeing the design and quality control of your work, from development through to production
- Producing strong creative artwork, that sits within our brand guidelines but that excites consumers and gives us an edge against our competitors
- Work with our talented team of designers and marketers to understand what is required and develop the required solutions
- Work as part of a small, in-house design team partnering closely with the brand and other key teams to produce excellent creative work which is fit for purpose
- Present concepts and final proposals back to the Marketing and Sales teams.
- Conduct competitor research benchmarking our own work and aspirations against competitive set and industry leaders.
- Working with and supporting the design lead on daily artwork delivery
- Partnering with the brand and shopper marketing teams to support on campaign delivery
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A degree in design, with working in an in-house or agency environment
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Well practiced in producing high quality work for print, on small and large scales
- Superb attention-to-detail and focus on quality of output
- Experience in artworking/designing for print
- Used to working to brand guidelines and ensuring consistency across all design outputs
- A genuine love of design, typography, colour and branding
- A great communicator: The confidence and skill to communicate your ideas and work clearly.
- A great team player with the ability to manage your own workload and meet challenging deadlines.
- An exciting portfolio which brings to life your experience of the above.
Key Competencies & Skills
- Delivering results
- Building teams
- Driving innovation