Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
- Assist and support Development team in the delivery of new products.
- Responsible for managing the laboratory/pilot plant capex budget.
- Responsible for the maintenance and organization of the laboratory, pilot plant equipment and stock of key componentry.
- Reliably support the production of samples in the lab (concentrates, emulsions and finished products).
- Support Scientists to obtain an appropriate record production of samples and analytical results.
- Support Scientists to execute scientific / technical work on development projects.
- Independently operates the lab equipment required for NPD delivery.
- Manages the continuous improvement activities and monitors KPI’s for laboratory and pilot plant.
- Manages the capex spend in the laboratory and pilot plant. writes capex proposals.
- Organizes install, commissioning and training for new equipment.
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement within the lab.
- Responsible for the lab organization. Ensures labeling, materials and fixtures (accessories) are in place, correct and of appropriate grade.
- Responsible for the good order in the laboratory, the use of equipment, cleaning and schedules, quality systems and procedures / processes.
- To liaise with the contract companies to ensure adequate cleaning, maintenance and waste disposal procedures are in place and followed.
- Creates, maintains and monitors the lab cleaning and equipment maintenance schedules.
- Liaises with suppliers to ensure adequate stock rotation and record the incoming materials for traceability.
- Maintains the records of ingredients, processes and procedures for full traceability of all products.
- Conducts all work with good laboratory practice.
- Writes and reviews procedures, instructions and guidelines relevant for the daily work in the lab.
- Reports and/or addresses any significant variation and faults in the laboratory and pilot plant.
NPD team and Wider R&D Teams
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Technical education or Bachelor of Science in a food-related science field (Food Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or Agricultural Engineering).
- Laboratory skills, within food/beverage setting are required.
Key Compentencies and Skills
- Collaborative team working approach
- Accurate, persistent, organized and able to manage workload
- Shows Initiative and consistent drive
- Seek continuous improvement
- Mechanically minded
- Know and follow good laboratory practices.
- Language skills: English at minimum conversation level.