Liquid New Product Development placement (12 months)
Research & Development
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 25 November 2020
Location: Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Start date: Summer 2021
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands.To us, anything is possible...
- The success of SBF GB&I brands are built on the creation of excellent products and as a member of the Liquid New Product Development (NPD) team, part of R&D, you will support the development team in bringing these products to market. An industrial placement year in this team will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the development of exciting new drinks throughout the product development lifecycle - from concept to launch.
- Key tasks:
- With the support of the line Manager participate in technical projects as assigned.
- Acquire experience and basic knowledge on liquid development to commercialization.
- Support NPD team on day to day lab production and maintenance.
- Support sensory team on running of sensory panel sessions.
- Work within cross-functional teams to drive forward the innovation and implementation of new SBF GB&I products
- A year of structured and on-the-job training, together with the experience of our NPD team and other departments, will form an environment within which your scientific skills and abilities will be nurtured and your commercial awareness will grow. You will get to witness, and contribute to, the entire product development life cycle - from planning and concept through to the end result.
You might be the right fit for us if...
- You are fluent in English
- You have the unrestricted right to live and work permanently in the UK
- You have university grades of 2:1 or higher within a food science related degree (Food Chemistry, Food Technology, Food Science, Food Science with Nutrition, etc.)
- You are passionate for science and food
- You are analytical and have critical thinking ability
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to simplify and communicate complex scientific information
- You are confident to immerse yourself in an unfamiliar environment and take learning opportunities with enthusiasm
Why join us?
- Paid internship with competitive annual salary.
- Eligible for on target bonus
- 26 days holiday for the year
- Contribution to the gym/access to the gym
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Staff shop access
- Real time responsibilities
- Mentoring and development
- And finally, fun at work!!