Tell someone about this job!
19 December 2018
Overview & Job Purpose
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, the Manufacturing Director is responsible for providing Leadership to the Manufacturing teams, developing the Culture and improving engagement to deliver sustainable outstanding performance. You will work with the Site Leadership Team (SLT) contributing to the overall delivery of the site performance
- Working in a Matrix environment the key outputs of the role include delivering the production plan consistently within agreed cost, quality and service parameters, while ensuring compliance to all internal and external regularity requirements to protect the reputation of LRS at all times.
- The role will be based in Coleford, Gloucestershire and will require regular interaction with distribution centres, customers and supply sites as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the Manufacturing strategy and work with the team to convert it into the operational and people plan for the business.
- Work with the Supply Chain Director and Finance Director and key stakeholders to create the annual budget for the Site that includes improvements targets in operating performance.
- Demonstrate and model exceptional leadership to shape the site culture that enables all employees to reach their potential and LRS to be the best place to work.
- Work with the Site Leadership Team to create a highly reliable, responsive and competitive operation that puts safety, quality and delivery first through a culture of improvement, such as Lean Manufacturing Tools.
- Champion a Continuous Improvement Culture and a growth mind-set that enables the Manufacturing team to constantly grow and evolve.
- Actively engages and contributes to the LRS corporate image by harnessing good relationships with the local community and trade union.
- Employee Engagement and pulse surveys
- Talent pipeline & successors in place for all key roles
- Financial performance
- Consumer experience (CCPM)
- Environmental monitoring and improvement v the agreed plan
- Operational efficiency (OEE)
- Customer service (CSL & OTIF)
- Supply Chain Leadership Team (SCLT)
- Local Trade Union Representatives and Full Time Officer – Unite
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Degree in business management or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience at a senior level working within FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Track record of achieving performance improvements across all dimensions of the manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience at a senior level working within a unionised environment
- Successful track record of driving and implementing change
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strong communication skills – a proven ability to communicate a compelling and clear roadmap that employees can relate to and understand how they contribute.
- A proven ability to develop individuals and builds teams through development planning, talent pipelining and building strong succession plans based on immediate and future needs
- Demonstrates and instils a continuous improvement mindset that drives high levels of accountability and ownership to all employees.
- Results Focused – defined expectations, delegates well and holds people accountable.
- Demonstrates a strong commercial knowledge of relevant market and competition.
- Ability to build strong relationship across multiple functions and work effectively within a matrix organisation structure.
- Proven change management capability and experience of successful implementing multiple change initiatives.