Market Insights Manager
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 03 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- As part of Suntory Beverage and Food, the 3rd biggest global soft drinks manufacture, you’ll be joining a business with a big ambition to ‘grow for good’; by seizing opportunities for our brands and portfolio to grow, whilst having a more positive impact on society and the world around us. And consumer, category and competitor insight is key to our competitive advantage; it through our close and deep understanding of the front line that we can drive ideas and opportunity for the business and our brands.
- The insight team is part of marketing and aligned closely with the brand teams – partnering with the Head of Brand and their team to lead strategic planning and activation – from the strategy planning cycle through to comms and innovation development and execution.
- Reporting into the Head of Insights, this role will partner with all brand teams and will be responsible for ensuring consumer, competitor and category understanding is being leveraged to diagnose performance strengths and weaknesses and inform and inspire strong growth plans for our brands and portfolio. This role will launch and embed a new regional brand equity tracking approach in GB&I, support the yearly strategic plan cycle with market, competitor and consumer trends understanding, input into the innovation pipeline development and manage consumer research projects on an adhoc basis to support the Ribena and LZ Senior Insight Managers.
- As part of a 5-strong insight team you’ll join our ambition to drive sustainable growth by focussing the business on consumer opportunities and be a catalyst for effective decision making that’s rooted in the objective, bigger picture view of the marketplace.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- Lead brand equity tracking for total portfolio – including set up and embedding of the new regional Law of Growth method in GB&I.
- Support Must Win Brand Battle consumer ad hoc research on occasion (for development and to balance workload – with support of SIMs).
- Customer, competitor and category GEMBA champion on behalf of the total portfolio for marketing.
- Lead diagnostic understanding of brand performance to support key issues / opportunities for the brand teams.
- Support with performance tracking – drunker and monthly brand tracking input.
- Be a champion for fresh thinking by staying close to the consumer and on the pulse of trends and innovation in soft drinks and beyond
- A champion for marketing effectiveness and support effective evaluation of key marketing initiatives to ensure learnings are applied to future activation.
- Proactively identify, curate and communicate relevant insights to support brand strategy.
- Nurture effective agency relationships to deliver world-class insight in a cost-effective manner.
- Build strong cross functional relationships to build your business acumen and ensure diagnosis and recommendations take account of the bigger picture.
- Key stakeholders to be Head of Insight, GB&I Marketing team, Marketing Director and Marketing Leadership team, Trade Marketing, Shopper Marketing
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- 2-5yrs experience in a consumer and / or market insight environment.
- Experience with syndicated data sources and synthesising vast quantities of data into compelling stories.
- Broad range of hands-on research project management and data analysis experience, ideally, but not necessarily, covering syndicated data as well as ad hoc research.
- FMCG / drinks industry knowledge and experience is an advantage, but not necessary.
- University degree level education or equivalent.
- Proven experience of leveraging insight to identify opportunities and drive action.
Key competencies & skills
- A results-driven individual, who is confident to proactively challenge the status quo.
- A strong grasp of insights to action, a passion for brands and an understanding of how they grow.
- An analytical mind that can take a hypothesis driven approach to diagnosing performance data to identify issues and opportunities for brands.
- A strong understanding of the commercial business, understanding the relationship and requirements of marketing as well as sales and key retail partners.
- An enthusiasm and drive to create tomorrow’s business, considering the long-term trends that can help unlock growth for our business
- A positive growth mindset, with the confidence and gravitas to play the role of the “objective voice of the consumer”, asking the tough questions and ensuring decisions make good business sense.
- Consultative team player, able to engage with and influence a range of stakeholders.