National Account Manager
Tell someone about this job!
15 January 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
- The role of a National Account Manager (NAM) is to execute the LRS Commercial Plan in their Customer with the objective of meeting and exceeding the designated business KPIs.
- Develop and maintain a matrix of contacts across the Customer
- Sell LRS products and plans to the Customer
- Execute the Joint Business Plan with the Customer
- Ensure all admin associated with the Customer is delivered to a high standard. This would include Promotional Proposals, Invoicing, Debt Management
- Develop a deep understanding of execution levers in the Customer
- Working with Category and Shopper, execute the LRS Commercial Plan in the Customer using all appropriate levers to create maximum brand impact
- Where appropriate, utilise Field Sales to deliver execution targets in Customer outlets
- Working with Supply Chain to ensure the right levels of stock availability at all times
- With the Controller develop an annual Customer plan to meet and exceed target KPIs (see below)
- Forecasting all volume and working spend in line with agreed commercial calendar and customer activation
- Delivery of the Customer volume, net sales and GP delivery within month, quarter and year
- Actualisation of working spend in line with Customer invoicing to ensure accurate reflection of the Customer’s financial position
- Monthly review and analysis of Customer performance versus plan and prior year
- Regular communication of financial position of the Customer to Controller, Head of Channel and Finance with recommendations on how to improve
- Regular evaluation of trade spend to ensure target levels of ROI are being met
- Regular evaluation of execution spend (Shopper and Field) to ensure target ROI is being met
- INTERNAL: Gross Profit, Net Sales, Net Sales Per Litre, Gross Margin
- EXTERNAL: Market Share, Distribution, Share of Space, Feature level
- External: Customers – Purchasing, Marketing, National Account and Regional Sales, Supply Chain.
- Internal: Cross functional team across Sales/Category/Marketing/Finance/ Supply Chain (Demand Planning) & Equipment (Chilled Solutions), Sales Controller.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Understanding of how an Account Manager/Buyer relationship functions.
- Broad business knowledge and market understanding.
- Experience of building relationships at all levels within an external organisation.
- A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach in the role is key to building and sustaining new long term relationships.
- Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities.
- Strong capability in Excel and experience of TPM and Volume forecasting systems essential
- A good understanding of the FMCG marketplace, its key players and projected market dynamics.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Commercial acumen - Understands how business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer-based perspective.
- Delivering Results – Set clear and ambitious targets, holding self and others accountable for attaining results and making timely decisions. Inspires others and creates a culture of attaining results.
- Self Awareness – Solicits and is open to both positive and constructive feedback. Responds calmly even when working under pressure. Actively works on personal development and applying learning from past experiences. Seeks to know own strengths and limitations.