National Account Manager
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 21 December 2020
Location: Stockley Park
Overview and job purpose
The role of a National Account Manager (NAM) is to execute the SBF GB&I Commercial Plan in their Customer with the objective of meeting and exceeding the designated business KPIs.
- CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
- Develop and maintain a matrix of contacts across the Customer
- Sell LRS products and plans to the Customer
- Execute the Joint Business Plan with the Customer
- Ensure all admin associated with the Customer is delivered to a high standard. This would include Promotional Proposals, Invoicing, Debt Management
- Develop a deep understanding of execution levers in the Customer
- Working with Category and Shopper, execute the LRS Commercial Plan in the Customer using all appropriate levers to create maximum brand impact
- Where appropriate, utilise Field Sales to deliver execution targets in Customer outlets
- Working with Supply Chain to ensure the right levels of stock availability at all times
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- With the Controller develop an annual Customer plan to meet and exceed target KPIs (see below)
- Forecasting all volume and working spend in line with agreed commercial calendar and customer activation
- Delivery of the Customer volume, net sales and GP delivery within month, quarter and year
- Actualisation of working spend in line with Customer invoicing to ensure accurate reflection of the Customer’s financial position
- Monthly review and analysis of Customer performance versus plan and prior year
- Regular communication of financial position of the Customer to Controller, Head of Channel and Finance with recommendations on how to improve
- Regular evaluation of trade spend to ensure target levels of ROI are being met
- Regular evaluation of execution spend (Shopper and Field) to ensure target ROI is being met
- INTERNAL: Gross Profit, Net Sales, Net Sales Per Litre, Gross Margin
- EXTERNAL: Market Share, Distribution, Share of Space, Feature level
Let's talk specifics... What's the recipe for success?
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Top Four experience
- Understanding of how an Account Manager/Buyer relationship functions.
- Broad business knowledge and market understanding.
- Experience of building relationships at all levels within an external organisation.
- A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach in the role is key to building and sustaining new long term relationships.
- Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities.
- Strong capability in Excel and experience of TPM and Volume forecasting systems essential
- A good understanding of the FMCG marketplace, its key players and projected market dynamics.