National Account Manager - Modern Retail
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 03 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- The role of a Modern Retail National Account Manager (NAM) is to execute the SBF GB&I Commercial Plan in their Customer (Iceland, Farm Foods, Home Bargains and Poundland) with the objective of meeting and exceeding the designated business KPIs. Modern retail is one of the key pillars for our sales strategy, a fast-growing category with huge opportunities for an ambitious and driven results candidate. This is a high-profile role and a platform for future success.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
- Develop and maintain a matrix of contacts across the Customer
- Sell LRS products and plans to the Customer
- Execute the Joint Business Plan with the Customer
- Ensure all admin associated with the Customer is delivered to a high standard. This would include Promotional Proposals, Invoicing, Debt Management
- Develop a deep understanding of execution levers in the Customer
- Working with Category and Shopper, execute the LRS Commercial Plan in the Customer using all appropriate levers to create maximum brand impact
- Where appropriate, utilise Field Sales to deliver execution targets in Customer outlets
- Working with Supply Chain to ensure the right levels of stock availability at all time
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- With the Controller develop an annual Customer plan to meet and exceed target KPIs (see below)
- Forecasting all volume and working spend in line with agreed commercial calendar and customer activation
- Delivery of the Customer volume, net sales and GP delivery within month, quarter and year
- Actualisation of working spend in line with Customer invoicing to ensure accurate reflection of the Customer’s financial position
- Monthly review and analysis of Customer performance versus plan and prior year
- Regular communication of financial position of the Customer to Controller, Head of Channel and Finance with recommendations on how to improve
- Regular evaluation of trade spend to ensure target levels of ROI are being met
- Regular evaluation of execution spend (Shopper and Field) to ensure target ROI is being met
- INTERNAL: Gross Profit, Net Sales, Net Sales Per Litre, Gross Margin
- EXTERNAL: Market Share, Distribution, Share of Space, Feature level
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Strong experience in discounters and an understanding of how this channel works
- Results driven mindset with strong track record of consistently hitting targets and converting opportunities into sales
- Commercially minded with a good understanding of the FMCG marketplace, its key players and projected market dynamics.
- Strong communication and influence skills with experience engaging, building and sustaining relationships at all levels
- An ambitious and entrepreneurial individual, ready to go for it and challenge the status quo
- Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities.
- Strong capability in Excel and experience of TPM and Volume forecasting systems essential
Key competencies & skills
- Commercial acumen - Understands how business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer-based perspective.
- Delivering Results – set clear and ambitious targets, holding self and others accountable for attaining results and making timely decisions. Inspires others and creates a culture of attaining results.
- Self-Awareness – Solicits and is open to both positive and constructive feedback. Responds calmly even when working under pressure. Actively works on personal development and applying learning from past experiences. Seeks to know own strengths and limitations.