R&D - Stockley Park
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
The purpose of role is to lead New Product Development (NPD) and product re-engineering of projects assigned. Innovation, team engagement and development is important at LRS, therefore the job joining the team will have opportunities to develop and grow with the company and will report directly into the NPD Senior Manager.
- Be technical development lead of the projects assigned, responsible for the delivery on time in full
- Responsible for creating recipes of compounds, emulsions/ flavours, powder blends and finished products. Develop manufacturing instructions to be implemented in concentrates and bottling plants.
- Execute scientific / technical work on development projects.
- Support any production required (Pilot, Intermediates & finished products).
- Provide technical support to strategic projects, cost savings and Value Optimization programs.
- Ensure documentation, formulation or idea is captured within the SBFE database.
- Analytical validation and recording of samples or batches made in the lab.
- Responsible for addressing any issues and concerns related to product/pack interactions. Support resolving issues related to process.
- Writes and reviews procedures, instructions and guidelines relevant to the NPD process and equipment in the lab. (QEHS, Risk's prevention, 5S system, SPS…)
- Support the continuous improvement of the NPD organization, processes and WOW Proactively identifies areas of improvement within the lab and implement solutions on time.
- Supports equipment maintenance schedules & contribute to the lab organization.
- Proficient in operating laboratory equipment required for NPD delivery.
- Contributes to the development of concepts and technical non BU projects.
- Keeps abreast of new ingredients, trends and technologies.
- Contribute to discover, develop and commercialize new beverages, food, processes or any other innovation that can be used.
- Liaises with Technical Managers, R&D BU Project Leaders and third parties to ensure accuracy on the NPD process.
- Support the delivery of the new products, claims and technology research & development programs.
- Attend industry seminars, events and exhibitions to capture new trends, technologies and processes.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a food-related science field (Food Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or Agricultural Engineering).
- Demonstrated competence developing beverages and managing projects
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team interacting with other departments
- Experience working within food company’s.
- Ability to coordinate project activities, including operating with external partners.
- Knowledge of R&D process
- Exercises a degree of independence and good technical execution.
- Knowledge of all aspects of beverage design and manufacture including different processing solutions, concentrate plant, emulsion design and manufacture, all major filling technologies…
- Problem-solving, initiative and agility will be key factor of success in this position.