Net Revenue Management Controller
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 08 July 2020
Closes: 05 August 2020
Location: Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Overview & Job Purpose
This is a key position within the Commercial Finance team which plays a key role in leading and driving the future vision and strategy for the group, ensuring the most effective revenue management and control policies and procedures are in place and embedded.
Key Responsibilities, Scope for Decision Making, KPIs
- Ensure the most effective revenue management and control policies and procedures are in place to optimise pricing, promotions and customer mix and to ensure customer discounts (trade funds) are efficiently managed for best return
- Lead NRM pricing project and assess risks and opportunities vs budget
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of key insights and analysis of net revenue drivers and drainers
- Ensure commercial plans executed by sales are aligned with sound Net Revenue Management principles. Areas of focus include annual Joins Business Planning agreements, promotions, range changes and tailored customer solutions including supply chain initiatives and settlement terms.
- Work closely with Brand teams to ensure commercial plans are consistent and complementary to the net revenue deliverables with key focus on ongoing pricing strategies
- Drive stronger awareness and improved performance in mix (product, channel, pack size), trade promotions, trade terms and pricing through focus on Return on Investment
- Leverage experience and LRS/external best practice to drive innovative changes to processes, reporting, metrics, tools with the objective of driving improved net revenue and profit delivery through customers whilst engaging customers to continue to grow business with LRS.
- Work with trade terms project team to implement new trade terms structures
- Manage communication of performance to the LRS Leadership Team and business ensuring timely focus on key issues
- Support the one year Commercial Planning Process including channel and brand target setting.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of two to three direct reports
- Build strong relationships across LRS Commercial Functions (Sales, Brand Marketing, Commercial Marketing) to ensure impactful, workable, sustainable solutions are rolled out across the business.
Experiences and skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Strong financial acumen with previous revenue growth management experience in FMCG
- Financial acumen
- Expertise in FMCG commercial business partnering finance support, Trade Funds management and evaluation of pricing and promotional strategy.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships with key stakeholders across different teams
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Confident & credible in front of senior management
- Instinctively able to challenge status quo with healthy balance of assertiveness and tact
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills including time management and priority setting
- The ability to work independently, with initiative, in a fast-moving environment