Production & Supplier Planner
Supply Chain - Coleford
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
As a key member of the planning team you will manage the supply of LRS products for the Manufacturing site, from receipt of the demand signal to plan execution. Ensuring customer service targets are met in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Manage a portfolio of Suppliers to maintain assurance of supply and effective management of stocks and deliveries, ensuring excellent communications and performance monitoring is in place.
Through a defined Integrated Business Planning model (IBP) complete monthly Supplier Operational Review Meetings, weekly Joint Planning Meetings and Brand alignment sessions. Identify Supply Plan risks and opportunities and escalate proposals to mitigate risk relating to shift patterns, sprint capacity and overspill volumes.
Key Responsibilities, Scope for Decision Making & KPIs
- Accountable for determining how products are planned within the Planning system taking into consideration critical planning assumptions such as, self-life and capacity in order to ensure the supply picture is clearly visible, constraints known, and risks are clearly identified and escalated.
- Using the capacity plan to generate a fixed production plan that adheres to the ‘Planning Principles’ - Demonstrated Efficiency, Agreed Resource Utilisation, Fixed Plan (2 weeks), Management of plan down-time request (6 weeks)
- Communicates interactively with Production Manager and Production Team Leaders to deliver efficient production schedules that facilitate efficiency improvements.
- Delivers effective relationships & supports projects with Quality, Engineering, Projects and Technical.
- As an output of capacity levelling and the generation of production plans manage LRS Suppliers to maintain the required level of service and assurance of supply.
- Works collaboratively with procurement to drive supplier management and improvements using KPIs to identify trends.
- Manage SAP to accurate generate quality data as an output of MRP.
- Identify and manage seasonal safety stocks.
- Through the ownership of Operational Review Meetings ensure suppliers ability to supply is assessed considering Brand growth, seasonal variability & forecast growth, deliver improvements (TIPs) and identify & escalate material supply issues.
- Ensure all supply situations are managed through the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process and there is escalation through the Coheris, Crisis Management and Procurement teams.
- Develops technical knowledge of our Suppliers products/services, their manufacturing capabilities and the forward supply chain.
- LRS teams – Demand Planners, Supply Planners, Marketing, Operations, Warehousing, Blends, Engineering, Quality.
- 3rd Party Distribution and external suppliers.
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Graduate preferred or proven track record in a relevant supply planning position, ideally within an FMCG environment
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP APO – Supply Network Planning
- Good understanding of supply / demand processes and end to end supply chain
Key Competencies & Skills
- Demonstrable analytical skills and technical Skills
- Sound decision maker
- Able to use own initiative/be pro-active
- Willingness to travel and meet Suppliers at various UK & European locations
- Confirms understanding and takes personal responsibility for delivering results
- Identifies obstacles and discusses solutions with enthusiasm
- Pursues goals relentlessly
- Is flexible and positive in the face of change and responds promptly
- Demonstrates calmness in times of change and helps colleagues to adjust to change
- Contributes effectively and promptly to new ways of doing things
Providing the Vision
- Appreciates the link between the vision and own job; understands how to contribute to the vision
- Works actively on personal objectives to achieve the vision
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve the vision
- Solicits and is open to both positive and constructive feedback
- Responds calmly even when working under conditions of stress
- Actively works on personal development and applying learnings from past experiences
- Seeks to know own strengths and limitations