Quality Systems Auditor
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 23 December 2020
Overview & job purpose
Based at the Manufacturing plant in Coleford and reporting into the Technical Services Manager, this role will be focused on developing, maintaining and continually improving the quality management systems at the site, as well as monitoring compliance with all relevant industry and certification standards.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPI’s
- Monitors and driving compliance of operations with the Quality & Food Safety Systems and certification standards.
- Owns and manages the site quality management systems including Change Control, CAPA, FIP, Document control, SAP QM, Quarantines, Coheris and Complaints.
- Ensures the effective and timely close out of corrective and preventive actions to drive continuous improvement.
- Provides support to your colleagues, as required for external audits of suppliers, third party manufacturers and contract rework.
- Supports all external certification, customer and SBFE/SBF audits and support the investigation, reporting and close out of consumer / customer complaints.
- Inputs into the development of user requirement specifications (URS) for quality related IT projects.
- Provides input to and participate in quality and food safety review meetings including HACCP, quality council & QEHS departmental meetings.
- Ensures documentation meets the requirements of food safety & quality standards and identifies all control points as required by the HACCP plan.
- Supports the delivery of all site and departmental annual targets and objectives, including participating in COVI activities.
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Ideally A-Level qualifications (or equivalent) in technical or related scientific discipline. Plus, broad, hands-on experience within a manufacturing or technical environment working with food and/or beverage products. Further, certificated HACCP and auditing skills, ideally to a GFSI standard level.
- Operational knowledge of food & (ideally) beverage production
- Good track record of achieving targets for self and teams
- Knowledge and experience of relevant industry and certification standards such as ISO, FSSC and GMP
- Operational experience of HACCP (CIEH Level 3 or equivalent)
- Experienced in compliance auditing, reporting and close out of corrective actions
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment, adhering to deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive approach and experience of working independently as well as part of a wider QEHS Team
- Strong Technical, Quality and Food Safety knowledge / skills
- Able and confident communication skills, with excellent influencing skills at all levels of the business
- Used to dealing with information of a confidential nature and displaying a high level of integrity, capable of dealing with a wide range of people, in person and on the telephone, with discretion and confidentiality.
- Good level of IT skills which effectively use available tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Manufacturing site assessment and auditing skills
- Skilled in driving continuous