Regional Account Manager On Trade (Northwest)
12 months FTC
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 12 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
Contract: 12 months FTC
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- The role of the Regional Account Manager (RAM), On Trade is to support the Key Account Controller, On Trade and Key Account Managers in executing the Suntory On Trade Commercial Plan across a variety of regional accounts with the objective of meeting and exceeding the designated business KPIs.
- The RAM, On Trade will develop and deliver a strong business platform with our existing and new customers within region, primarily focused on new business development, including, regional route to market (RTM) accounts, managed regional accounts and independent free trade.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT - Support and develop in cooperation with KAC
- A matrix of contacts within a region – working with regional groups and the independent free trade
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities and tenders using Caterlyst CRM tool and external leads
- Selling LRS products and plans within a region
- Negotiating Joint Business Plans or sales agreement within a region
- Managing all admin associated with the Customer and supporting NAM on national account admin. This would include Promotional Proposals, Invoicing, Debt Management, Data Analysis as examples.
- Working with KAC to deliver execution of the LRS Commercial Plan within a region using all appropriate levers to create maximum brand impact
- Working with Supply Chain to ensure the right levels of stock availability at all times
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- With the KAC develop an annual Customer plan to meet and exceed target KPIs (see below)
- Forecasting all volume and working spend in line with agreed commercial calendar and customer activation
- Delivery of the Customer volume, net sales and GP delivery within month, quarter and year
- Actualisation of working spend in line with Customer invoicing to ensure accurate reflection of the Customer’s financial position
- Monthly review and analysis of Customer performance versus plan and prior year
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of work experience in a sales-related environment
- On Trade sales experience is essential
- Understanding of how an Account Manager/Buyer relationship functions
- Experience of building relationships with a Customer – ideally in a Field Selling role
- A tenacious and entrepreneurial approach in the role is key to building and sustaining new long-term relationships
- Financial numeracy to be able to build strategically sound, financially robust proposals that exploit opportunities.
- Strong capability in Excel and the ability to learn how to use and manipulate IT systems essential
- A good understanding of the FMCG marketplace, its key players and projected market dynamics
Key competencies & skills
- Commercial acumen - Understands how business works and makes decisions with a commercial and consumer based perspective.
- Delivering Results – setting clear and ambitious targets, holding self and others accountable for attaining results and making timely decisions. Inspires others and creates a culture of attaining results.
- Self-Awareness – Solicits and is open to both positive and constructive feedback. Responds calmly even when working under pressure. Actively works on personal development and applying learning from past experiences. Seeks to know own strengths and limitations.