RGM Manager (Controller)
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 17 August 2020
Location: Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Overview & Job Purpose
At LRS, we have recently placed increased strategic importance behind Revenue Growth Management, with a focus across 5 levers; Pricing, Pack Price Architecture, Promotion, Mix Management and Trade Spend. We are now looking to expand our GB team and recruit two RGM Managers, one owning Pricing and PPA and the other, Promotion and Trade Spend.
- Lead the Pack Price Architecture project by providing scenario planning modelling tools which reflect the impact of various packs and prices in different channels/customers in adherence to the RGM Playbook
- Track and communicate the health of current pack portfolio against key metrics (price coherency, competitive landscape, channel/customer dynamics) and provide recommendations to drive more revenue through our pack architecture
- Drive stronger awareness across the business and improved performance in price and mix by anticipating risks and opportunities
- Monitor competitor price/pack actions in the market to understand the potential impact to LRS and learn from other players’ practices
- Develop customer/channel specific price-pack actions to increase revenue and profit with support from Commercial Strategy and Planning team
- In conjunction with the RGM Centre of Excellence and Head of RGM develop a 1-3-year pricing strategy and plan that helps drive revenue and profit growth.
- Embed CPI methodology (Cost Price Increase)
- Provide tools to better understand and project the impact of any pricing actions to take. Demonstrate risks and opportunities to the business and make sure the necessary actions are taken by other parties
- Work closely with sales and marketing to make sure commercial and activation plans serve RGM objectives
- Rectify any customers that are deviating from average categorisation (i.e. fixing pricing outliers) for all channels and identify the potential opportunities.
- Management of pricing corridor frameworks
- Ensure the prices in the system are correct
- Promotion Governance and Effectiveness
- Ensure the most effective revenue control policies and procedures are in place to optimise promotion effectiveness in adherence to the RGM Playbook.
- Monitor account promotional plans and compliance with promo guidelines. Track any changes made to the promotional calendar post approval. For any changes to the promotional calendar articulate of the desired outcomes from the promotions and track the outcome against these agreed deliverables.
- Provide tools for Promo Effectiveness tracking (Pre-Eval / Post-Eval). Use internal (sales and profit) and external (ROS, share, RSV) metrics to understand the promo performance. Working jointly with sales team to assess promotions; highlight trends and provide recommendations for future promotions
- Trade Spend & JBP Governance
- Provide tools to track and assess trade spend effectiveness across the channels
- Ensure awareness on trade spend by customer/channel through reports and right communication
- Work closely with the System Accountant to make sure data standards are in place and systems give the business the right visibility on trade spend
- Ensure standardisation of JBP process by providing templates, process tools, sign off trackers
- Be the guardian of the JBP process by tracking and reporting compliance to agreed processes and sign off
- RGM team, Commercial Finance Director, Finance Business Partners
- Sales (Channel) Heads, Sales Controllers & National Account Managers
- Finance Director and Sales Director
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Strong financial acumen with previous RGM experience
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to pick up new systems quickly (SAP Business Objects, IRI/Sales out)
- High proficiency in Excel
- Confident & credible in front of all levels of the organisation
- Commercial acumen – understand the competing forces of maintaining strong customer relations and delivering internal business results
- Delivering results – holding self and others accountable for attaining results and making timely decisions. Inspires others and creates a culture of delivering against commitments
- Leading change – be resilient in challenging the status quo and suggesting new ways to drive better results
- Influencing Skills to senior leaders, SLT & ExCom as well as CS&P and the total commercial team
- Project Management skillset in a cross functional team