Sales Operations Executive - Maternity Cover
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
The role of a Sales Operations Executive is to support the customer facing Controllers, NAMs and NAEs at LRS of a specific Channel by supporting on a wide range of tasks focussed on reporting, insights delivery, process improvement and providing system support to drive operational excellence of the Sales Team. Working closely as a team creating and driving efficient & effective ways of working that support the achievement of the sales and profit objectives.
Reporting, Tools & Insight
- Creating and maintaining reports using Customer data (e.g. Sales Out, EPOS, BI, Telemetry etc)
- Creating and maintaining reports using market information sources (e.g. IRI Unify, One View, Dunnhumby, NAYAX, AIMIA, Kantar and CGA)
- Developing new trackers and tools that improve reporting of forecast, sales and trade spend.
- Proactive development of on-going improvements to all trackers and tools.
- Providing ongoing support and training to Sales Teams on the use of trackers and tools.
- Providing ongoing insights by analysis of trackers and tools to Sales Team.
- Ongoing management of Sales systems (e.g.Prometric, SAP, Brandbank, RetailMotus, Tableau, Bookcase and Erudus/PIM)
- Supporting with on-going improvements to systems, while providing ongoing support and training to Sales Teams on the use of systems.
- Raise and improve overall profile on the Team by launching and embedding improvements to systems in an engaging and memorable manner.
- Writing ‘how to guides’ and ‘work instructions’ for all system actions and updating as necessary.
- Improving sales processes and deliver more efficient ways of working; PO Process
- On-going improvement and automation of key Sales processes that will help to drive efficiencies within the Sales Team (e.g. samples ordering and hospitality)
- Providing ongoing support and training to Sales Teams on all processes
- Proactive development of on-going improvements to all processes
- Responsible for change management of all new systems and processes delivered
- Responsible for writing and updating of all work instructions related to core Sales processes
- Proactively launch and embed improvements to processes in an engaging and memorable manner.
- Support sales and help manage Customer Events (e.g. Incentives, Customer Engagement Days)
- Processing and managing the sales operations team’s purchasing card expenses
- Completing New Line Forms
- Managing the updating of files and content on the Toolkit
- Managing and tracking sales trade spend and budgets (e.g. Equipment)
- Managing and supporting the implementation of Trade Shows including the management of two key suppliers
- Communicating key actions and updates to the Sales Team via Sales Comms email
Experience & Skills
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in sales, commercial finance and/or marketing role
- Strong interpersonal skills – capable of communicating and influencing at all levels
- Strong prioritization skills
- Organised, self-starter, strong team player with a can do attitude
- A love of data and detail
- A completer finisher
Key Competencies & Skills
Understands the impact of self on others; is sensitive to different cultures, welcomes and acts on feedback and rapidly learns from experience.
Sets and achieves clear and ambitious goals, holding self and others responsible and accountable for attaining results.
Understands how a business works and is commercially aware. Ensures customer needs (internal and external) are met or exceeded.
Adapts readily to shifting demands and conditions to convert change to opportunity.