Sales Operations Executive
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 03 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- The role of the Sales Operations Executive is to support the wider Sales team to be more efficient and effective. The Sales ops exec will deliver reporting, management of systems and processes with a continuous improvement focus on enhancing our productiveness. On an adhoc basis they will support on Sales related projects, such as trade spend, equipment, Customer and Sales team events. Working closely as a team creating and driving efficient & effective ways of working that support the achievement of the sales and profit objectives.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- Reporting, Tools & Insight:
- Developing new trackers and tools that improve reporting of forecast, sales and trade spend.
- Proactive development of on-going improvements to all trackers and tools.
- Providing ongoing support and training to Sales Teams on the use of trackers and tools.
- Providing ongoing insights by analysis of trackers and tools to Sales Team.
- Ongoing management of Sales systems (e.g. Prometric, COUPA, SAP, Brandbank, RetailMotus, Tableau, Bookcase and Erudus/PIM)
- Supporting with on-going improvements to systems, while providing ongoing support and training to Sales Teams on the use of systems.
- Raise and improve overall profile on the Team by launching and embedding improvements to systems in an engaging and memorable manner.
- Writing ‘how to guides’ and ‘work instructions’ for all system actions and updating as necessary.
- Improving sales processes and deliver more efficient ways of working; e.g PO Process
- On-going improvement and automation of key Sales processes that will help to drive efficiencies within the Sales Team (e.g. samples ordering and hospitality)
- Providing ongoing support and training to Sales Teams on all processes
- Proactive development of on-going improvements to all processes
- Responsible for change management of all new systems and processes delivered
- Responsible for writing and updating of all work instructions related to core Sales processes
- Proactively launch and embed improvements to processes in an engaging and memorable manner.
- Ad hoc:
- Support sales and help manage Customer Events (e.g. Incentives, Customer Engagement Days)
- Processing and managing the sales operations team’s purchasing card expenses
- Managing the updating of files and content on the Toolkit
- Managing and tracking sales trade spend and budgets (e.g. Equipment)
- Managing and supporting the implementation of Trade Shows including the management of two key suppliers
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in sales, commercial finance and/or marketing role
- Strong interpersonal skills – capable of communicating and influencing at all levels
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Organised, self-starter, strong team player with a can do attitude
- A love of data and detail
- A completer finisher
Key competencies & skills
- Self - Awareness – Understands the impact of self on others; is sensitive to different cultures, welcomes
- and acts on feedback and rapidly learns from experience.
- Delivering Results – Sets and achieves clear and ambitious goals, holding self and others responsible and
- accountable for attaining results.
- Commercial Acumen – Understands how a business works and is commercially aware. Ensures customer
- needs (internal and external) are met or exceeded.
- Leading Change – Adapts readily to shifting demands and conditions to convert change to opportunity.