Senior Brand Manager Lucozade Energy
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 03 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- Today Lucozade Energy & Lucozade Sport are the UK’s number 1 Energy & Sport drinks respectively worth a combined £447m RSV annually. Now one of the leading FMCG brands in the UK, ranked by Grocer (2019) as the 14th largest brand. Lucozade Energy is worth £281m RSV with a long and established portfolio of products. With a sizeable annual marketing budget (circa £15-20m) and a proven track record of market leading innovation and communication, it is an iconic brand that deserves the very best work and talent.
- We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager on Lucozade Energy. We operate as lead market and therefore have the ability to drive all elements of the marketing mix, from strategy through to execution. With a new megabrand strategy and exciting innovation at play it is an amazing time to join the team.
- As an SBM for Lucozade you will lead a number of high-profile projects, from creation through to delivery. Our marketing efforts stretches across all key disciplines: from developing innovation; to comms development & media planning. You will also be responsible for the in-year delivery of the budget and as such will need analytical skills to understand both the market place and the internal P&L.
- Candidates should have a passion and understanding for consumer-centric planning and be able to deal with high pressure situations when under scrutiny. Some experience of innovation / a stage gate process would be beneficial. Candidates are also required to create a compelling vision for their work and bring together multi-functional teams to help them achieve their goals.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- Championing the consumer and brand vision / purpose
- Manage the in-year delivery of the plan, ensuring the brand achieves pre-agreed objectives
- Lead & implement elements of the brand strategy for the next 3 years (likely to be focus on innovation strategy)
- Drive the brand P&L to deliver against challenging yet exciting financial growth objectives
- Work closely with the Sales function to identify customer needs and opportunities and build an exceptional activation platform.
- Develop and bring to market key pieces of innovation
- Building Brand Equity; ensuring marketing activities build long term brand equity and in-market results.
- Responsibility for significant A&P spend
- Manage relationships with key external agencies
- Direct line management.
- Primary Interactions
- BM (direct report)
- Head of Marketing and Marketing Director
- Sales function
- Category and shopper teams
- Agencies (including internal & external): particularly Design, advertising, media and PR
- Wider senior marketing and commercial leadership teams
- Senior leadership including board level
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- High talent with leadership potential
- Significant and relevant professional experience within FMCG
- Track record of consistently delivering brilliant results
- Demonstrate Growth mindset
- Passion and desire for generating the very highest standard of work that is consumer centric,
- ambitious and brave
- Able to demonstrate how they champion the consumer, and are able to take insight into brand
- An understanding of the commercial environment
- Able to take an idea through to execution
- Able to demonstrate ability to impact people (both senior leaders, and wider business)
- Experience of developing and launching NPD
- Experience managing people (via people management, agencies, and project teams)
- Experience of the Comms & media process (all media)
- Able to manage in year delivery balanced with broader strategic planning
- Able to deal with ambiguity and change
Key competencies & skills
- Delivering Results:
- A real focus on execution and delivery
- Proven track-record of delivering projects with positive results
- Understanding of the communication development and / or stage gate process
- A strong and proven project manager
- Works autonomously
- Providing the Vision:
- Experience in bringing teams together and leading them toward a shared goal
- Ability to deliver a clear message and ask of your audience
- Experience of driving a strategic planning process. Proven budget management, presentation
- and communication skills
- Commercial Acumen:
- Ability to lead within a matrix organization, integrating multifunctional efforts crossing multiple
- business areas
- Knowledge of the UK grocery and impulse markets, and successfully launching into these
- Building Teams; Encourages and leverages different cultures, thoughts and perspectives; promotes collaborative relationships and teamwork
- Builds good morale and enables cross-border and cross-functional dialogue as well as cooperation, collaboration and teamwork. Adapts communication approach to effectively influence
- Delivering Results; Sets and achieves clear and ambitious goals, holding self and others responsible and accountable for attaining results
- Self-Awareness; Takes ownership and accountability for making tough decisions when needed. Gathers feedback on challenges and builds a culture of eliminating barriers and managing conflicts to deliver results