Senior Art Director for Ribena
Marketing (TED Team - In house agency)
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 19 November 2020
Location: Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Overview & Job Purpose
At SBF GB&I we want to revolutionise the soft drinks world. We’re on a mission to quench the UK’s thirst for amazing flavours with exciting, life-enhancing drinks.
Our iconic brands are the heart of our business and many of our consumers consider Lucozade and Ribena national treasures. Combined with our thirst for innovation and the desire to create a new portfolio of relevant brands, SBF GB&I is quite literally brim-full of opportunity.
Our Marketing team have the exciting role of managing our existing portfolio of brands while bringing fresh innovation to market with the help of our in-house marketing agency, TED.
In 2016 we created the TED Team (Technology, Entertainment and Design) and brought a lot of our marketing activity in-house.
The Senior Art Director for Ribena plays an essential creative role within TED and is a driving force behind the development of our campaigns for Ribena and a champion of creativity within the team.
You’ll work with a team of creatives, designers, animators and content creators to produce exceptional work which supports our campaigns and delivers against brand goals.
Our in-house agency has revolutionised the way SBF GB&I does marketing and the Senior Art Director will build on this and help take Ribena on the next stage of its journey.
- Generate original creative concepts for Ribena across all of TED’s touchpoints including digital, social, outdoor, and instore. With hands-on art direction involvement through the entire process
- Maintain brand consistency for Ribena throughout all creative projects, working with “Big Ideas” developed by and with our external partner creative agencies
- Work closely with the Creative Director, production and design teams to create and deliver quality content
- Help to develop creative capability across the marketing team leveraging “in-house” team of creative experts, external agency partners and pool of freelance and roster agencies providing constructive input and guidance
- Work with planner to ensure the integration of Ribena consumer insights, media performance analytics and creative best practices aligned to brand strategies
- Guardian of Ribena brand identity and distinctive assets overseeing and owning brand books and creative guardrails
- Able to adapt your art directional style according to Ribena’s tone of voice and different customer experiences
- Work alongside the CD to help identify ways to run the department more efficiently
- Have a broad understanding of how digital and creative work in tandem and be able to use these skills to further build internal relationships, allowing the best ideas to fulfil their potential.
Qualifications & Experiences
- A passion for marketing, advertising and creativity.
- A proven track record of taking a TTL approach to creativity: generating a big idea and bringing it to life through many brand touch points.
- Experience of campaign development for large brands, cycle timing, relevant channels and production and requirements for print, web, shopper and video/multimedia.
- Experience working on FMCG brands desirable but not essential
- Comfortable working in any channel - equally adept at creating campaigns as long form films, promotions, competitions, social media and digital, in store material for packaging, posters etc.
- A keen eye for spotting cultural trends, pulling together inspiring mood boards and implementing these across Ribena’s campaigns
- Expert at listening to and interrogating briefs, able to identify gaps and reject briefs as necessary.
- Confident in questioning briefings (client or agency) in order to ensure the potential of an opportunity is both spotted and maximised.
- Proven ability of stretching a brief into campaigns beyond their initial parameters
- ‘Ideas first’ mentality
- A desire to push and be pushed to create outstanding work each and every time.
- At least 10 years experience in an agency environment desirable