Senior Brand Manager
Tell someone about this job!
20 November 2018
Overview & Job Purpose
- Merchant’s Heart is the world's first range of spirit enhancers, co-created with award winning bartenders and Suntory’s experts in flavour and carbonation. Revolutionising and further premiumising the mixer category... why mix when you can enhance? Born in London, inspired by Japan and with global ambitions. A future global icon in the making.
- Merchant’s Heart operates as an automonous business unit within the LR.Suntory business, and enjoys close links with Edrington-Beam Suntory and their impressive range of premium spirits. As the SBM for Merchant’s Heart you will need to operate in a high-profile role, creating and delivering modern marketing campaigns and expanding the product portfolio as we look to establish the brand as the most premium mixer in the market. You will work on a variety of projects from ATL media, Innovation, Renovation, Packaging, PR, digital etc. You will also be responsible for elements of the P&L and be required to help engage various customers with our brand plans.
- Candidates applying should have a passion and desire for generating the very highest standard of work that is consumer centric, ambitious and bold. We operate as an autonomous UK market and therefore have the ability to influence, design and execute all elements of the marketing mix from strategy through to implementation in market.
- You will be joining a talented, high-performing team within an agile and innovative business. This is a unique opportunity to not only shape the future of a rapidly growing premium brand, but also to develop your own capabilities as a marketer and leader.
- Championing the consumer and brand vision / purpose
- Manage the in-year delivery of the plan, ensuring the brand achieves pre-agreed objectives
- Lead & implement the brand strategy for the next 3 years
- Drive the brand P&L to deliver against challenging yet exciting financial growth objectives
- Work closely with the Sales function to identify customer needs and opportunities and build an exceptional activation platform.
- Develop and bring to market key pieces of innovation
- Building Brand Equity; ensuring marketing activities build long term brand equity and in-market results.
- Responsibility for significant A&P spend
- Manage relationships with key external agencies
- Direct line management
- Marketing Director, OOH Sales Director
- Customers: Category controllers and buyers across all channels
- Senior leadership including board level
- In-house Marketing Team
- Lead strategic and tactical Agencies – particularly advertising, media agency, PR, design and shopper
- Wider senior marketing and commercial leadership teams
Qualification and Professional experience
- High talent with leadership potential, graduate calibre
- Strong core leadership competencies
- Significant and relevant professional experience within FMCG, ideally with premium alcohol.
- At least 5 year previous marketing experience preferred
- A strong understanding of the commercial environment, ideally including the on-trade channel
Key Competency Attributes
- Amongst the Key competencies, the below are of particular importance:
- A real focus on execution and delivery
- Proven track-record of delivering projects with positive results
- Understanding of the communication development and / or stage gate process
- Management of agencies
- A strong and proven project manager
Providing the Vision
- Experience in bringing teams together and leading them toward a shared goal
- Ability to deliver a clear message and ask of your audience (internal / agencies)
- Experience of driving a strategic planning process. Proven budget management, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to lead within a matrix organization, integrating multifunctional efforts crossing multiple business areas
- Knowledge of the UK grocery and on-trade markets, and successfully launching into these channels
- Customer facing experience preferable