Senior HR Business Partner
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
As the Senior HRBP at our head office, you will be a key member of the HR Leadership Team and will provide strategic and operational business partnership support to the Director(s) of any business functions for which you are the business partner from time to time, and their respective leadership teams, to translate the HR strategy and business objectives into robust plans that enable business delivery.
This role reports into the HR Director and currently has two direct reports
Working in a Matrix environment in this role, you will play a pivotal role in:
Leading the design and delivery of the people strategy, translating the overarching vision in an inspiring way which is understood by the wider HR team and business
Activating local & regional HR programmes, projects and processes
Leading the talent agenda within the your functional groups, future proofing the business by ensuring that there is a robust pipeline of talent at all layers within the organisation and with an increased focus on raising the capability of functional leaders and our front line people managers
Building and deploying engagement programmes.
Building the capability of your functional groups to deliver top-line growth for our business
Providing generalist HR support and coaching to all layers of management, leveraging your experience to ensure decisions impacting people are pragmatic and astute
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and the challenges we face, acting as a trusted advisor for Leaders and Managers on all HR issues
- Partner will senior stakeholders, shaping and influencing their thinking on people issues, managing and pro-actively resolving all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Create effective relationships across all levels through influencing, engagement and coaching to improve line manager and employee capability
- Manage the execution of HR Programmes
- Develop and lead innovative and creative solutions to maximise employee performance which are aligned to our great place to work ambition
Talent and Development
- Ensuring we have the right organisation, right people, with the right skills to deliver now and for the future. Focusing on growing our leadership talent and management capability at all levels, giving everyone the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- With the Head of Talent, lead the annual talent agenda with a relentless focus on the talent pipeline for leadership roles and the development of internal talent cross functionally
- Assist talent acquisition and leaders with recruitment through sourcing and selection to on-boarding, ensuring that external talent pipelines are delivering resource requirements now and for the future
- Partner with Talent & Development to co-create and roll out tailored development initiatives that support achievement of individual development needs and business goals
Culture and Engagement
- Drive for the creation of engagement plans and initiatives that will result in sustainable employee engagement at all levels of the business
- Champion the Health and Wellbeing agenda by continuing to build a focused wellbeing culture model for our employees based on insight to enable the organisation to move from ‘good to great’.
- Work collaboratively with business leaders to lead and manage the end to end delivery of change initiatives and programmes which drive business transformation
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPD qualified
- Solid experience at the HR Business partnering level in a fast paced environment, preferably in FMCG
- Direct experience of supporting a demanding client base and supporting the management of business change
- Excellent knowledge of UK employment law
Key Competencies and Skills
- Ability to communicate, network, engage with and influence people at all levels of the organisation, building strong working relationships with people managers.
- ‘Customer’ focus - concern for the perceptions of HR within the business, championing best practice with a willingness to solicit and act upon ‘customer’ feedback as one of the foundations for performance improvement. Able to demonstrate a high level of credibility, integrity, resilience and customer service and a successful record of delivery.
- Highly collaborative, enabling a working partnership within the HR team and the business generating enthusiasm and commitment from others.
- Sound judgment and discretion - ability to address issues constructively by providing independent, objective, courageous advice, counsel and insight.
- Ability to recruit quality candidates within a commercial organisation
- Strong team player who values input and ideas, tunes in to others and influences people, with a style that is engaging and also tactfully effective.
- Personal drive and effectiveness: positive, ‘can-do’ mentality, keen to find ways round obstacles and willing to explore all of the available resources in order to accomplish objectives.
- Organisation and planning: ability to manage projects and routine HR administration.
- A passion and desire for development within the HR profession