Senior New Product Development Manager (12-14months)
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 03 March 2021
Location: Stockley Park
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- We are recruiting a Senior New Product Development Scientist for 12-14 months (maternity cover). In this role, you’ll be leading local product developer teams responsible for NPD and product re-engineering projects across our Suntory Brands in Europe.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- To recruit, lead and motivate a team of product development managers and product formulation scientists.
- To lead and manage the delivery of assigned new product development or renovation programmes, from product development brief to final product dossier, that contributes to delivering the growth requirements for each BU’s
- Ensure consumer insights and feedback built into development projects
- To ensure that the outputs of the programmes meet all safety, compliance, sensory and quality requirements
- To identify, design and implement new processes, techniques and methods to enhance our capability to develop new products
- To ensure support to technical and quality teams with the first trial and industrial production of any new concentrate and soft drink and propose the necessary process amendments
- To provide effective scientific & technical stewardship for the brands in support of the business purpose.
- Ensure loading of accurate formulations and main technical data on SBFE database.
- Support R&D Lab NPD processes and protocols are defined and met according initial design
- Primary internal interactions to be R&D –Project Manager / Leader, NPD Product Scientists, Regulatory, Pilot Plant, Sensory, Ingredients, Technical Service, …-, Quality Assurance -Concentrates and Bottling Plans-, Technical Managers, BU Marketing Managers, Procurement
- Primary external interactions to be Raw material suppliers (flavours, ingredients, additives, …). Approved Bottlers. Material and Equipment Lab suppliers
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Relevant degree in Food Science & Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Veterinary or Agricultural Eng.
- Significant experience in the Food Technology field on Product Development / Quality Control, preferably over 2 roles
Key competencies & skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing and inspiring high performing teams and delivering through others
- Great communication skills, able to engage and influence all stakeholders across the business
- Strong commercial acumen, able to make sound business decisions ultimately contributing to Suntory's sustainable growth.
- Creative and curious mindset, on top of the latest consumer insights & trends, able to bring that perspective in day job and question status quo.
- Strong work ethic and strong track record of consistently delivering brillantly.