Site Services Support Engineer
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
An experienced engineer with a background in Site Services Engineering and contractor management. Maintains site infrastructure to required levels, i.e. EHS, BRC GMP, Mandatory & Statutory compliance.
Manage the day-to-day operational function of the site services engineering team through the provision of engineering support to the Blends facility, site utilities and building / fabric infrastructure at the Coleford site.
- Co-ordinate the daily workload of the site services engineering team
- Operate within and comply to all LRS Environmental, Quality and Health & Safety requirements
- Issue permits to allow work to proceed
- Control the shift rota to ensure adequate provision of support to the site during holidays, sickness and training
- Ensure the supply of key utilities to Stakeholders
Facilitate and manage contractors on site to ensure they operate and comply with all LRS, Security, Quality and EHS requirements.
- Issue permits and agreeing scope of work, monitoring and review to ensure completion of work is to agreed standard and sign back to operation.
- Undertake periodic review of contractor base and feedback results of work / performance to Site Services Engineering Manager
Maintain the site facility through being able to:
- Determine the relative priority of tasks daily
- Work with Stakeholders to ensure clear communication of priority tasks when issues arise
- Close working relationship with Blends Manger to ensure co-ordinate approach to resolve issues within the Blends area to ensure there is no compromised of production.
- Demonstrate and manage the Coleford facility within agreed budgets
Ensure that comprehensive records of maintenance activities are maintained including:
- Any issues that require changes in preventative maintenance frequency
- Asset performance to assist Site Services Engineer Manager with engineering strategy for investment / servicing / upgrading.
- Calibration is undertaken to agreed frequencies.
- Engineering accountability communication with area engineer, managers and Head of Engineering during daily meetings
- Daily Blends operational meeting
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Site Services Team
- Chairing regular meeting to sustain standards and progress projects
- Regular interface with key on-site functions e.g. Manufacturing, EHS, Quality, Site Services, Finance, Learning & Development and R&D
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- ONC/HNC in an Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering discipline or
- A recognised apprenticeship in Engineering or Building Services, or possess a City & Guilds
- Site Services / Utilities experience essential, particularly plant & process
- Proven track record of Safe Contractor Management an advantage
Key Compentencies and Skills
- A strong Leader, Influencer and communicator, act as a role model.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and re-focus, to deliver in FMCG environment
- Demonstrates strategic thinking & commercial awareness
- Analytical skills / Pro-Active decision making
- Demonstrate people skills and capable of building effective relationships
- A good level of interactive skills to influence, advise and educate