Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 10 november 2020
Location: Stockley Park
Overview and job purpose
The purpose of this Financial Accountant is to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the balance sheet for the monthly reporting of SBF GB&I (Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I) to SBFE (Suntory Beverage & Food Europe), the quarterly reporting of all financial statements for SBF GB&I to SBF (Suntory Beverage & Food) and the yearly annual returns for two GB trading entities.
The role is not purely about statutory reporting but also has responsibility for the forward-looking Free Cash Flow forecast for GB&I as well as supporting to identify opportunities to help drive improvements in working capital. The Financial Accountant also has responsibility for leading the biannual impairment review of our brand and customer relationships which have combined fair value of over £1bn.
- Manage the intergroup alignment of Intercompany balances between SBFGB and other SBF entities
- Balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility for both SBFGB and the Export entity
- Monthly Free Cash Flow reporting and analysis
- Asset management and reporting for all Head Office Capex spends as well as management of monthly depreciation in SAP for GB&I
- Ownership for the forecasting of the consolidated SBFGB&I Balance sheet and Free Cash Flow (indirect) forecast
- Reconciling the indirect forecast with the direct cashflow forecast and supporting the weekly direct cashflow management
- Support on parental loan management and interest forecasts
- Keeping the wider Financial Control team aware of all relevant changes to accounting policy and annual return reporting requirements
- Completion of the consolidated quarterly reporting for SBFGB&I to SBF as well as liaising with the external auditors regarding the submission
- Producing annual statutory accounts for two trading entities as well as liaising with external auditors
- Support in the imbedding of J-SOX into SBFGB
- Support tax reporting for CT and capital allowance computations
- Continuous improvement of business process & ways of working
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Ad-hoc projects
Let's talk specifics... What's the recipe for success?
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA/CA, CIMA)
- SAP literate
- Confident and credible in front of wider ranging finance teams
- Strong base of financial accounting knowledge
- Ability to challenge and look past the numbers
- High level of resilience under pressure
- An eye for the detail and self-check work
- Inquisitive & keen to learn
- Desire for personal develop within Financial Control or the wider Finance community
- Strong Excel capability
- Previous use of SAP would be an advantage