Tax Analyst (3 months fixed term contract)
Tell someone about this job!
Posted: 10 February 2021
Location: Stockley Park
About the company
Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I (Formerly Lucozade Ribena Suntory) combine 85 years of knowledge, insight and expertise with an appetite for innovation to create some of the nation’s best-loved soft drink brands.
Formed in January 2014, when Japanese global beverage company, Suntory Beverage & Food - the world's 3rd largest soft drinks company, acquired Lucozade and Ribena. The company has access to some of the world’s best beverage insight, research, development, production and marketing.
Our ‘Yatte Minahare’ approach, which means ‘Go For It’, is at the heart of our business. It’s part of our cultural DNA and drives us to challenge, change and improve to create bigger, better brand ideas for our consumers. Every team member has an entrepreneurial spirit, passion and sense of ownership, so that, together, we create winning soft drink brands. To us, anything is possible...
Overview & Job purpose
- This is a key role in the financial management of the GB&I businesses working closely with the Head of Tax/Tax Manager, the Tax Analyst will be responsible for looking after all the tax affairs of the business, including work on both corporate tax/direct tax and indirect tax/VAT.
- The Tax Analyst will be responsible for day-to-date tax compliance and tax reporting; however, there will be regular working with the Head of Tax/Tax Manager on a variety of tax advisory, tax planning and tax project work.
Key Responsabilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- Prepare first draft UK corporation tax returns for the Tax Manager’s review
- Prepare tax accounting disclosures for the statutory accounts of each UK company and consolidated tax disclosure for the Tax Manager’s review
- Calculate and monitor the groups effective tax rate for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and forecasting and budgeting purpose
- Prepare intrastat, EC Sales, SDIL and VAT filings for the Tax Manager’s review
- Provide training and support to the Global Services Centre for GB&I VAT matters
- Support the integration and development of tax systems and processes including MTD and SAO compliance
- Provide support during statutory audits
- Assist with governance compliance including group tax strategy and tax risk register
- Assist with Transfer Pricing requirements such as preparing and maintaining UK Local File, Group Master File and transfer pricing policy design and implementation where required
- Assist with calculating exposure related to CFC, corporate interest restriction rules and interest disallowance in tax computations
- Support in the preparation of other non-payroll employment taxes and declarations such as PSA and P11d
- Provide expertise on SAP set up for all tax related areas
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Experience in both corporate tax/direct tax and indirect tax/VAT and/or in only one of those areas but an awareness of the other taxes.
- Part-qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA or qualified AAT/ATT or have experience in a similar role in industry.
- SAP knowledge would be a significant advantage.
Key competencies & skills
- Attention to detail is critical in this role as is the ability to accurately interpret information and translate to a non-technical audience
- Able to demonstrate a high level of credibility, integrity and resilience
- Commercial Acumen; Understands how global businesses work; is commercially aware and ensures customer and/or consumers’ needs are met or exceeded. Makes sound commercial decisions based on analysis and good judgment
- Providing Vision; Determines and communicates clear business objectives in the Tax arena and works collaboratively to set and monitor milestones for achievement
- Leading change; Adapts readily to shifting demands and conditions and converts change to opportunity. Maintains composure and effectiveness; encourages others during times of uncertainty. Analyses options thoroughly, embraces considered risk and moves forward with change
- Building Teams; Encourages and leverages different cultures, thoughts and perspectives; promotes collaborative relationships and teamwork
- Builds good morale and enables cross-border and cross-functional dialogue as well as cooperation, collaboration and teamwork. Adapts communication approach to effectively influence
- Delivering Results; Sets and achieves clear and ambitious goals, holding self and others responsible and accountable for attaining results
- Self-Awareness; Takes ownership and accountability for making tough decisions when needed. Gathers feedback on challenges and builds a culture of eliminating barriers and managing conflicts to deliver results