Technical Support Engineer
Operations/Engineering - Coleford
Tell someone about this job!
15 February 2019
Overview & Job Purpose
To provide pro-active maintenance and technical support to the product stream operation to optimise production flow
Work within a robust shift engineering team, providing effective team direction and demonstrating core behaviours, whilst casting a shadow that will:-
Ensure a safe environment, which actions and records unsafe conditions
Provide reliable equipment and processes which will maintain product quality
Ensure team are focused on driving and improving line performance
On-shift engineering leadership
- Operations Team
- EHS Team
- Technical, QA and Blends Team
- Engineering Team
- Deliver innovation and continuous improvement to reduce down time caused by maintenance and equipment failures
- Identify and communicate cost saving opportunities.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules are optimised to minimise expenditure
- Safe delivery of the Preventative maintenance plan within agreed time scales.
- Responsible for maintaining the department working environment to appropriate GMP
- Comply with all work place health and safety regulations and ensure timely closure of
- agreed corrective actions.
- Ensure working practices embrace Operational Excellence principles.
- Ensure maintenance schedules are updated with learnings from equipment failures to minimise unplanned plant downtime
- Ensure root cause analysis is conducted for all relevant failures with corrective action plan implemented
- Manage the collection of data supporting equipment failures and systems to reduce line down time.
- Upkeep of technical library and knowledge management
- Departmental engineering contractor management
- Develop cross functional relationships with internal customers and suppliers to maximise the effectiveness of the product stream support function
- The jobholder is responsible for Product Safety and Product Quality as defined by regulatory,
- LRSuntory and local procedures. It is the jobholder’s responsibility to escalate any issues that
- might compromise Product Safety and Product Quality
- Monitor Plant Performance and Efficiencies, whilst ensuring corrective engineering actions are prioritised and completed.
- Support Line Engineers with plant knowledge to provide 24/7 support.
- Attend the morning line side performance accountability meetings and own immediate actions, support the coordinating shift engineering team to action accordingly
- Support the manufacturing shift management through recommendations built on facts and data, when a stop & fix approach is required.
- Provide support for the day based engineering leadership by ensuring accurate engineering activity data
- Align personal and team performances to attain all relevant engineering departmental KPI’s as detailed in PDRs.
Technical Skills Required
- Statutory Compliance within a manufacturing environment
- Numerate and literate
- Develop skills and knowledge for personal development and overall continuous improvement
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of process control systems
- Good levels of dexterity and capability to perform manual handling operations
- Right first time attitude
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Strong problem solving ability
- Commitment to customer service
- Works cooperatively with team members and does what it takes to support the team.
- Helps achieve team goals
- Delivers on commitments to the team
- Responds calmly even when working under conditions of pressure
- Actively works on personal development and applying learnings from past experiences
- Seeks and is open to both positive and constructive feedback.
- Makes timely and effective decisions that drive business results
- Defines expectations, delegates well and holds people accountable
- Measures and monitors progress and gives feedback to the team
- Creates an accountable and winning culture in the team
- Confirms understanding and takes personal responsibility for delivery results.
- Identifies obstacles and discusses solutions with enthusiasm
- Keeps team leader/manager informed of progress against goals
- Pursues goals relentlessly
- Actively volunteers ideas for improvement
- Learns from successes and mistakes and adjusts with a sense of urgency
- Constantly seeks ways to improve processes and outcomes
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Indentured Apprenticeship
- ONC/HNC/NVQ within Engineering Discipline
- Experience within FMCG environment